IGNORED

My Swing (RSRby789)

RSRby789
Note: This thread is 1791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm struggling with my distance.  I was on trackman today and only swinging 95-97 mph with driver.  I would appreciate any input as golf is very frustrating right now, having to hit in 4 irons on most par 4's.

Thanks all

I've been Playing Golf for: 5 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 10
My typical ball flight is: xxxx
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: xxxx

Videos: 

10 hours ago, RSRby789 said:

I'm struggling with my distance.  I was on trackman today and only swinging 95-97 mph with driver.  I would appreciate any input as golf is very frustrating right now, having to hit in 4 irons on most par 4's.

Thanks all

I've been Playing Golf for: 5 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 10
My typical ball flight is: xxxx
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: xxxx

Videos: 

You need to have the camera line up along your toe line for a better view for analysis.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

97mph with a driver?  Thats faster than most LPGA tour players  and approaching the speed of the slowest PGA tour players (slowest avg is 102). 

At 97mph you are about 4mph faster than the average male golfer - according to Trackman data.

Perhaps your issue is more about striking it solid with the correct spin and launch angle? According to Trackman again, with 97mph you could be hitting 260 - 270yard drives (carry plus roll) with optimal launch angle and spin rate.  Thats enough to be hitting into most par4s with a 9 iron.  Maybe work on optimal launch before getting frustrated with swing speed?

TrackMan-combine.jpg?w=640

How TrackMan Combine can improve your game The average USGA handicap for male golfers has been between 14.0 and 15.0 since 2005...

Edited by Jay28

I understand what you are saying, and I'm definitely not getting optimal launch conditions.  I also play where its colder and never get any roll, so that 270 would be more like 230.  Getting optimal launch conditions is definitely a focus right now but at some point I would like to be able to swing fast enough to keep up with other golfers. I get frustrated because I should be able to swing faster, my twin brother swings at 115 mph (and we are similarly built) just to give you an idea, and I don't see where I can be missing out on that much speed.  Also worth telling, I have had back problems in the past and it hurts once and a while when golfing, wondering if you guys have seen anything like this having an effect on golf swing and speed.

22 hours ago, RSRby789 said:

I understand what you are saying, and I'm definitely not getting optimal launch conditions.  I also play where its colder and never get any roll, so that 270 would be more like 230.  Getting optimal launch conditions is definitely a focus right now but at some point I would like to be able to swing fast enough to keep up with other golfers. I get frustrated because I should be able to swing faster, my twin brother swings at 115 mph (and we are similarly built) just to give you an idea, and I don't see where I can be missing out on that much speed.  Also worth telling, I have had back problems in the past and it hurts once and a while when golfing, wondering if you guys have seen anything like this having an effect on golf swing and speed.

Fair enough.  

FWIW I am also trying to increase club head speed (much slower than yours).  Advice I have been given is to loosen grip, relax arms and use the body to initiate the downswing. It's all a bit too tense at the moment.

Note: This thread is 1791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!