Zeph

2019 Memorial Tournament

39 posts / 2689 viewsLast Reply

2 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I won $3200 on Cantlay. 

😎

Not as much as Cantlay won betting on Cantlay ;-)  

Seriously, congrats on the successful bet. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Its the only time ive ever hit. 😂

Got mine in before the tournament. Cantlay was at +1800 at the time. 

I already put a few bucks on Cantlay at the Open at 28-1 and I got Kaymer at 200-1. Will prolly place my biggest bet on DJ, though. I like his chances next week. Koepka at 5-1 is too low for me.

11 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I already put a few bucks on Cantlay at the Open at 28-1 and I got Kaymer at 200-1. Will prolly place my biggest bet on DJ, though. I like his chances next week. Koepka at 5-1 is too low for me.

Those are good bets. I like the Kaymer one. I agree that Koepka and even Tiger aren't really worth any action. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • Particularly when that slow group is a couple of serious A-holes.
    • Not really a good option when the teesheet is packed.  They would have to let every group behind them play through. That's why I ask how many of y'all have marshaled a tough course on a busy day . . . . you will hear every excuse in the book.  One of my favorites was a cigar-smoking, smart-talking older guy who had 3 young bucks in his group.  They had held up a 2-some all day, and at the third visit from me, on the 12th tee, he read me the riot-act with some choice, colorful words, saying it was the course's fault for allowing 2-somes to play.  He said he paid twice what they paid, so he was playing the way he wanted. I went back and talked to the 2-some, a husband and wife, and told them they would have to go around that foursome. Not long later I saw them at their car.  They were not upset, but they quit and came in because they did not want to upset the 4-some. See, that's when  I'd like to be able to pull out my tablet and see if they wanted to re-play at a discount. BTW, some 2-somes, often couples, won't book unless we block the other two slots at their tee time.     Wow!  Never heard of that, no-hole-skipping rule. & funny how some slow groups speed up when you play through.
    • Not sure about the other two, but I'm not technically allowed to do that. Mind you, nobody would have caught me if I did. One of the many rules we sign off on with a City of Dayton, OH privilege pass includes not skipping holes. For better or worse, I tend to be rule follower. I suppose given the layout of the course and my being on foot, it would have been a bit awkward anyway. We make the move, they speed up and we hit the next tee at the same time.
    • My instructor tells me that the more golf I play, the more I need to take lessons, not just to get better, but to make sure I don’t develop any bad habits unknowingly. I play 4-5 rounds a week and see my instructor every other week for swing checks. I have bad days on the course and will get frustrated - I usually stop golfing and see my pro right away instead of trying to figure it out myself.  Do you have anyone you are working with? I find it beneficial to have lessons regularly. I see it like a car tuneup - car is running fine but you still get an oil change/service regularly just to make sure things are doing well. Same thing with golf.
    • It was 75° the day before yesterday, and it's 10° now. Why didn't you guys skip a hole and go around the ball-shaggers?
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. alfalls
      alfalls
      (77 years old)
    2. Golfingdad
      Golfingdad
      (46 years old)
    3. NJpatbee
      NJpatbee
      (68 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...