IGNORED

2019 Memorial Tournament

Zeph
Note: This thread is 1781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bryson DeChambeau is defending champion.

Featured Groups
Tiger Woods – Justin Rose – Bryson DeChambeau (WATCH: Exclusively Thursday on PGA TOUR LIVE)
Tee times: Round 1 (8:26 a.m. ET, No. 10); Round 2 (1:16 p.m. ET, No. 1)

Phil Mickelson – Rickie Fowler – Matt Kuchar
Tee times: Round 1 (1:16 p.m. ET, No. 1); Round 2 (8:26 p.m. ET, No. 10)

Rory McIlroy – Jordan Spieth – Justin Thomas
Tee times: Round 1 (8:15 a.m. ET, No. 10); Round 2 (1:05 p.m. ET, No. 1)

Hideki Matsuyama – Jason Day – Adam Scott
Tee times: Round 1 (1:05 p.m. ET, No. 1); Round 2 (8:15 a.m. ET, No. 10)

Rory McIlroy 8-1
Tiger Woods 12-1
Patrick Cantlay 16-1
Rickie Fowler 16-1
Matt Kuchar 16-1
Justin Rose 16-1
Jason Day 18-1 
Hideki Matsuyama 18-1
Justin Thomas 18-1
Jordan Spieth 20-1
Tony Finau 22-1
Adam Scott 25-1
Xander Schauffele 28-1
Gary Woodland 33-1
Bryson DeChambeau 35-1
Phil Mickelson 55-1
Kevin Na 55-1
Henrik Stenson 55-1

tiger-woods-pga.jpg

SportsLine simulated the 2019 Memorial Tournament 10,000 times and came up with some surprises

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to 2019 Memorial Tournament

Spieth off to a great start, 2 chip ins and a long eagle putt and hes currently 7 under par through 14

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Spieth going to be a popular pick at Pebble. He’s won there before and is going there in good form. Putter is working. Driver still needs work but he knows how to scramble.

Tiger doesn’t seem to be doing much today. Stuck in neutral while most everyone else seems to be hitting the gas.

Edited by ChrisP

Phil: If your head were a touch softer, I'd be in the fairway. Ha!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

18 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Tiger doesn’t seem to be doing much today. Stuck in neutral while most everyone else seems to be hitting the gas.

He's T20 right now...

And most everyone else? Just from the featured groups alone, Rory has hit 1 ball O.B., lost another ball, and hit a lay up shot into a creek. Justin Rose isn't playing well, Bryson is hovering around even and just put one in a pond, and Justin Thomas is hovering around even too.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

2 minutes ago, klineka said:

He's T20 right now...

And most everyone else? Just from the featured groups alone, Rory has hit 1 ball O.B., lost another ball, and hit a lay up shot into a creek. Justin Rose isn't playing well, Bryson is hovering around even and just put one in a pond, and Justin Thomas is hovering around even too.

He was Even when I posted it and looks like he may be heading back to Even. So like I said, he’s just kinda holding steady. Not doing great but not playing awful either.

You guys seeing this? Kuchar pretty much trying to cheat. Trying to claim his ball that’s in pitch mark (not his) made its own new pitch mark inside the existing pitch mark so he should get relief. Total bs.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

21 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You guys seeing this? Kuchar pretty much trying to cheat. Trying to claim his ball that’s in pitch mark (not his) made its own new pitch mark inside the existing pitch mark so he should get relief. Total bs.

He’s getting laid into big time on Sky Tv. That’s not helping his reputation any..

Stevie T

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Yup.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, Beastie said:

He’s getting laid into big time on Sky Tv. That’s not helping his reputation any..

Lol yeah? I mean....pretty ridiculous. Gets a second opinion ...then asks if he can get a third....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

30 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Lol yeah? I mean....pretty ridiculous. Gets a second opinion ...then asks if he can get a third....

When he was interviewed afterwards Kuchar basically tried to say it might have been plugged from the second bounce and he thought he should  get relief. When asked if he was satisfied the officials had got the decision right he didn’t answer... 

I’ve got money on him this week, but that is trying too hard. 

Stevie T

• Administrator

If someone can find the good video of this, like on Twitter or something, I'll use it to post on RulesGeeks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I’m surprised he didn’t try the old trick that children use:

”Actually, the first official said it’s OK, but I just had to ask you first.”

- John

I’m not sure how it works regarding Kuchar wanting to mark his ball and ‘look’ but I wouldn’t have allowed him to do that. Kuchar admits his ball is in a pitch mark that’s not his...then says, ‘ can I just mark my ball and look...I think there are two pitch marks..there’s a smaller one then it widens where my ball is sitting.’ WTF? He thinks the small bounce his ball took created a new pitch mark within a previous pitch mark. I would’ve said play it as it lies Matt. No marking is necessary, there’s nothing to look for.

Fact is, Kuchar is the phony that people think Mickelson is. He's a slimy jerk hiding between the grin and "Gooollyyy Matty!" BS. As long as dumb fans keep yelling out "KUUUUUUCH" people will be conned into thinking he's cool. He's a real Grade 1 dick and this was him trying to cheat. He cheated a caddy and now he's trying to cheat his fellow competitors.

Edited by leftybutnotPM

here's a view from another angle:

looks like the ball hopped to the right initially and then forward.

my swing thread

3-wood: 13* TEE CB4, mitsubishi 'ahina 80g x; 2-iron: 16* mizuno hi-fli, c-taper 130g; 3-pw: mizuno mp-5, c-taper 130g; 50/55/60: mizuno t7, c-taper 130g; putter: SC bullseye platinum flange (2001)

Note: This thread is 1781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!