IGNORED

My Swing (Skruske)

Skruske
Note: This thread is 1787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 20 Years
My current handicap index or average score is: 9.4
My typical ball flight is: High draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pull hook or I will push the ball.

Videos: 

My phone is on the fritz so the quality is low. Getting my initial swings just uploaded for any obvious feedback before I record it with higher frames.

I also just realized my tripod was not level... So this may defeat the purpose of this post entirely. Let me know if there are any obvious takeaways and I will work on getting an updated swing posted here soon!

After some time watching this I am noticing huge shaft flex from my club head speed. This is something I've never thought about with Irons. My Driver is an X stiff which may be why I can hit it more consistently. I have never actually been fit for irons so this could be all my problem is. Thoughts?

Capture.PNG

30 minutes ago, Skruske said:

After some time watching this I am noticing huge shaft flex from my club head speed. This is something I've never thought about with Irons. My Driver is an X stiff which may be why I can hit it more consistently. I have never actually been fit for irons so this could be all my problem is. Thoughts?

Capture.PNG

That's just rolling shutter.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
2 minutes ago, billchao said:

That's just rolling shutter.

Ah so its just coming with my lack of frames in the video? That was making me nervous... LOL

But a frame before it there is this flex as well. I need a higher quality camera to get to the bottom of this. And probably still need a fitting.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Skruske

Wait, you are strong enough to bend steel in mid air with a single swing? Haha. More likely that your swing is about as fast as the camera can read. Almost all cameras are this way.

14 hours ago, Skruske said:

Ah so its just coming with my lack of frames in the video? That was making me nervous... LOL

But a frame before it there is this flex as well. I need a higher quality camera to get to the bottom of this. And probably still need a fitting.

Capture.PNG

Because your camera processes images from the top down.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, ladders11 said:

Wait, you are strong enough to bend steel in mid air with a single swing? Haha. More likely that your swing is about as fast as the camera can read. Almost all cameras are this way.

Haha! It did worry me at first. However my irons are reg flex, and even if it isn't actually bending the club I am curious as to what a stiffer flex would feel like for my irons..

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Because your camera processes images from the top down.

Alright, I will not worry about this then.

On another note, played decent in my league. Hit all my drives really well just continued to struggle from around the green, not able to get up and down at all if I didnt hit GIR. Had 1 birdie, 3 pars, 4 bogeys and a double on a par 3. Not sure what to work on mechanically with my swing so just going to continue practicing around the green and hopefully see some improvements there.

46 minutes ago, Skruske said:

Alright, I will not worry about this then.

Don't worry about the rolling shutter, but given your swing speed regular flex might be too soft for you. What's your dispersion and trajectory?

Bill

My Swing Thread

10 minutes ago, billchao said:

What's your dispersion and trajectory?

These are tough questions really. When I think about dispersion I haven't really attached a number or % to it, I mainly compare it to how close I am to the target line that day and is it better or worse than normal. The variance is quite large however, and I would say I miss with a pull off my target line quite frequently. Anywhere from 5-30 yds depending on how bad the pull is. My typical ball flight is a high draw, but if I block it out a push comes into play as well. LOL, so honestly it is all over the place which really limits my GIR's. This only really comes into play with my long irons however. Dispersion is much better with my wedges.

As for trajectory, I have never had this measured but I would say the ball goes higher than average.

Note: This thread is 1787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!