Sign in to follow this  
RichWW2

U.S. Open Epics

6 posts / 946 viewsLast Reply

Since it's officially US Open week and I didn't see this posted anywhere else on here, I figured post about it.  I saw a show on Fox today titled US Open Epics: Tiger Woods Perfection at Pebble.  It's a documentary about about the 2000 U.S. Open. Had interviews from Tiger, Stevie Williams, and several other players and broadcasters.  Not sure if that actually came out today, but I can't find a link to that video yet.  Really great to watch.

I was however able to find one from last year talking about the 2008 US Open.  I would recommend everyone check both out if you have the time.  The one linked below is 45 minutes long, but goes by a lot quicker than that.  Fantastic to watch. Gave me chills watching it.  Can't wait for this weekend!

US Open Epics: Tiger and Rocco

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

On 6/9/2019 at 7:53 PM, RichWW2 said:

I was however able to find one from last year talking about the 2008 US Open.  I would recommend everyone check both out if you have the time.  The one linked below is 45 minutes long, but goes by a lot quicker than that.  Fantastic to watch. Gave me chills watching it.  Can't wait for this weekend!

US Open Epics: Tiger and Rocco

I never get tired of watching that back nine on Saturday, where he made the two incredible eagle putts, plus the chip-in on 17.

15 hours ago, brocks said:

I never get tired of watching that back nine on Saturday, where he made the two incredible eagle putts, plus the chip-in on 17.

Watching that live was incredible.  One of my favorite parts about the linked video is Rocco's reaction to Tiger's Sunday putt on 18.  Live he is watching and says "I knew he'd make it".  In the interview he says "Nobody else makes that putt. Nobody".  Poor Rocco was soooooooo close to winning.

If Tiger's birdie putt on 18 isn't the greatest putt in golf history, then name one better!

On 6/11/2019 at 7:43 PM, brocks said:

I tried a while ago to come up with a better round or even 9-hole stretch of his career that was more entertaining. That back 9 was just unreal to watch. I've only been able to come up with a couple that come close:

• 2019 Masters Sunday back 9
  • 2005 Masters Sunday back 9, but that's mostly because of the chip-in on 16. Tiger bogeyed 17 and 18 and it went to a playoff hole. The middle of Tiger's 3rd round might have been the better option - he birdied 7 straight holes (7-13) then bogeyed 14 and 15. But that was split over two days due to weather. 
  • 2000 PGA against Bob May
  • Maybe the 1999 PGA against Sergio

Unless I'm missing something obvious, that's kind of it for majors he won. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Zekez said:

If Tiger's birdie putt on 18 isn't the greatest putt in golf history, then name one better!

If Rocca would have won in ‘95, I would vote for his. But he lost the playoff. What also made that great was Musberger’s call. “Yes! Yes! Rocca has done it!” Never forget that.

Edited by ChrisP