jms5180

Draw Bias Weighting Causing Slice?

6 posts / 767 viewsLast Reply

Hey all. I got fitted for a new m5. The fitter didn't touch the stock weighting. When my club came in, i was fighting a little bit of a strong fade. I moved the weight to the draw bias... And i couldn't stop slicing. I moved it to the fade side, and hit 2 dozen balls dead straight. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me but assuming maybe i feel the extra weight in the toe and can feel it turn over? Can someone smarter than me explain

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I don't have an answer but am curious if the shaft was changed as well.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:20 PM, Zippo said:

I don't have an answer but am curious if the shaft was changed as well.

Same shaft. EF blue 6.0

My theory is that im very much a feel player and able to feel the weight in the toe and react by turning it over a little more aggressively. Going to play 18 with it tomorrow. We'll see

I can’t answer your question, but you might want to check out the gear effect.  It may not directly answer why you slice in the draw position, but it does provide info on the forces in play and how weighting works in relation to the impact location.

And I don’t know how Twist Face works with these forces.

John

Edited by 70sSanO

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/18/2019 at 1:06 PM, jms5180 said:

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me but assuming maybe i feel the extra weight in the toe and can feel it turn over? Can someone smarter than me explain

You could be effected by the weight movement or also you could also be experiencing gear effect. 

It’s quite possible that your body is just reacting to the weight being in a different place. I wouldn’t bet my money on it, and I’d assume it’s more of a confirmation bias/placebo effect type thing going on.