IGNORED

SW Ohio (Dayton) Golf Outing 2019

Note: This thread is 1698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, CarlSpackler said:

An estimated handicap will work. If you claim to be a 20 and shoot in the 70s, they will probably call BS. @mcanadiens has been called a sandbagger once or twice in this. 🤣

My best 18 hole score is 84 on Dales off the whites (59/103 or so I think). I typically shoot high 90s on courses that are 6000 yards or more (never played anything over 6500). What should I say my cap is? I think when I calculated that Dales score the differential was like 28 or so.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

My best 18 hole score is 84 on Dales off the whites (59/103 or so I think). I typically shoot high 90s on courses that are 6000 yards or more (never played anything over 6500). What should I say my cap is? I think when I calculated that Dales score the differential was like 28 or so.

An 83 on Dales-White is 23.3. 99 on the Hawk or Eagle is around 25, so I would guess you are somewhere around a 23 with the 96% multiplier.

- Shane

Good playing with you guys. Always nice playing with people who can tolerate you, so big thumbs up to @Bonvivant.

Always think we should give @Jeremie Boop something closer to a home game. Maybe one more time this year at Miami Shores, Homestead or Shelby Oaks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Good playing with you guys. Always nice playing with people who can tolerate you, so big thumbs up to @Bonvivant.

Always think we should give @Jeremie Boop something closer to a home game. Maybe one more time this year at Miami Shores, Homestead or Shelby Oaks.

Definitely turned out to be a nice day out there too. Wish I hadn't started off so poorly and/or threw away so many strokes on missed putts. I may have ended up getting some money back like you. It was great to meet you @Bonvivant, hopefully you can be a more regular member of golf forays.

• Like 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I had a great time, gents. Thanks to all for getting together and making it happen.

• Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

12 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I was in the money too thanks to the 2 🐦. I think I only needed to get 15, not 21. 

Pretty cool that 2 from our group cashed

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

2 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Pretty cool that 2 from our group cashed

I ended up playing the quota game again today on Hawk. We only had 8 players but I ended up with 18 when my quota was 12. Amazing that I can have 6 pars and 6 bogeys and still card a 96 lol. Five 7s and one 8 didn't help my cause one bit.

6 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

I ended up playing the quota game again today on Hawk. We only had 8 players but I ended up with 18 when my quota was 12. Amazing that I can have 6 pars and 6 bogeys and still card a 96 lol. Five 7s and one 8 didn't help my cause one bit.

Yeah, those big number holes will hurt you for sure. Every shot counts 1. 

- Shane

50 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

We only had 8 players

I really was surprised that Duck had the quota game opposite the Zimmerman-Young event. That used to be a huge deal at Kittyhawk from what I understand. It raises money for a scholarship fund. One of the fellas I played with said they used to have two groups on every tee to start (which sounds like a bit of a nightmare).

Not much to brag about personally, but I did stick one inside 5 feet on No. 13 for a $25 gift card to the pro shop. We finished fourth place at -9. 

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!