ShawnSum

My Swing (ShawnSum)

7 posts / 478 viewsLast Reply

I've been Playing Golf for: I'm 32, started playing around 12 years old but stopped completely around 20/21 years old. Just picked it back up again in June this year. Most of my time spent playing was during the Summer when School was out so I would say I have about 9 years of very inconsistent Golf under my belt.

My current handicap index or average score is: 11.3

My typical ball flight is: High

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Literally anything at all that slices, leaks, fades to the right. 

Videos: 

Tee shot off the 18th Tee DTL

Approach shot 18th fairway Face-on

Not sure why these aren't automatically embedding like the instructions say they should? Since this is the first time I'm seeing my swing I have some initial thoughts

• I can see that I'm coming out of my swing instead of transferring the energy through the swing if that makes sense? This was the first thing I noticed as I use to play with a older guy who would tell me when I was getting "tippy toed". Actually forgot about that until now..lol.
  • My left leg comes up and I don't even feel this at all or acknowledge this at all until seeing it now.
  • The Tee Shot swing my line starts where I'm wanting it to but it eventually leaks out right and high, I am actually trying to draw this ball on this drive.
  • The Approach Shot started where I wanted and actually did draw, I'm basically always trying to draw the ball at this point.

I would appreciate any help with my swing as I am trying to improve. I'm pretty active with reading and watching feedback on other peoples swing so I am really looking forward to hearing from you guys and improving mine. I am the type of person that would prefer to focus on one thing at a time until it becomes natural and then move onto whatever is next on the list. I know without a doubt I've 110% got to improve my ball-striking and overall consistency from Tee to Green! 

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

36 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

Not sure why these aren't automatically embedding like the instructions say they should?

When you paste the link, you have to click paste as plain text in the popup box that appears.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, billchao said:

When you paste the link, you have to click paste as plain text in the popup box that appears.

Thank you! 

10 hours ago, ShawnSum said:

I've been Playing Golf for: I'm 32, started playing around 12 years old but stopped completely around 20/21 years old. Just picked it back up again in June this year. Most of my time spent playing was during the Summer when School was out so I would say I have about 9 years of very inconsistent Golf under my belt.

My current handicap index or average score is: 11.3

My typical ball flight is: High

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Literally anything at all that slices, leaks, fades to the right. 

Videos: 

Tee shot off the 18th Tee DTL

Approach shot 18th fairway Face-on

Not sure why these aren't automatically embedding like the instructions say they should? Since this is the first time I'm seeing my swing I have some initial thoughts

• I can see that I'm coming out of my swing instead of transferring the energy through the swing if that makes sense? This was the first thing I noticed as I use to play with a older guy who would tell me when I was getting "tippy toed". Actually forgot about that until now..lol.
  • My left leg comes up and I don't even feel this at all or acknowledge this at all until seeing it now.
  • The Tee Shot swing my line starts where I'm wanting it to but it eventually leaks out right and high, I am actually trying to draw this ball on this drive.
  • The Approach Shot started where I wanted and actually did draw, I'm basically always trying to draw the ball at this point.

I would appreciate any help with my swing as I am trying to improve. I'm pretty active with reading and watching feedback on other peoples swing so I am really looking forward to hearing from you guys and improving mine. I am the type of person that would prefer to focus on one thing at a time until it becomes natural and then move onto whatever is next on the list. I know without a doubt I've 110% got to improve my ball-striking and overall consistency from Tee to Green! 

Have the DTL view more along your toe line and not the ball. It makes it easier to see the shaft and head positions during the swing.

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Have the DTL view more along your toe line and not the ball. It makes it easier to see the shaft and head positions during the swing.

Thanks and will do! This was taken by a friend with my phone, also think some of my video settings were off as it didn't even upload in HD. I've got a GoPro & Tripod in my amazon shopping cart so I'll definitely be able to improve the quality moving forward!

5 hours ago, ShawnSum said:

Thanks and will do! This was taken by a friend with my phone, also think some of my video settings were off as it didn't even upload in HD. I've got a GoPro & Tripod in my amazon shopping cart so I'll definitely be able to improve the quality moving forward!

I usually set up, then put the club down along my toe line. Then I aim the camera along that line.

Showed the swing to a few people and it was suggested that I work on the backswing. So right now I'm trying to shorten it up a bit, been practicing the "lead/left arm parallel" shots. Going to hit a lot of balls at the range this weekend using this drill.