IGNORED

Bridgestone Balls

Note: This thread is 5949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, I have just picked up a couple of Bridgestone B330-S balls and they seem to feel like the ProV1x off the putter face. They are not as expensive but now I am really curious about their performance. There won't be a course open around me for months to come so I am wondering if you guys can provide me with some real life performance reviews on these balls. Are the B330 very similar to the B330-S? What is suppose to be the difference?

Also, I am curious about the Bridgestone e5 and e6. What do they feel like compared to the B330-S?
Thanks in advance!
Dave

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I haven't played the B330, but picked up a box of the E6s recently. I really liked them. In that price range, my personal preference would be either that or the HX Hot.
What's in the bag:

G10 9 degree, TFC 129 shaft, stiff
Big Bertha 3 Wood
FTX 2i, Apex Plus 3i-E MP-R 52/07 and 56/13 Zing

Hey guys, I have just picked up a couple of Bridgestone B330-S balls and they seem to feel like the ProV1x off the putter face. They are not as expensive but now I am really curious about their performance. There won't be a course open around me for months to come so I am wondering if you guys can provide me with some real life performance reviews on these balls. Are the B330 very similar to the B330-S? What is suppose to be the difference?

I don't know about the B330-S - they're definitely not for me quite yet - but the e6 is in competition with the DT So/Lo, not the ProV1x and feels similar to me.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I absolutely love the B330-S. The spin rate is perfect for me. They have a nice click off the putter face. The ball feels lively, not soft and dead. Some players may want a softer, quieter ball.

I played the B330 and e5 for most of 2006 but switched to the "S" in early '07 and haven't looked back.

I would only recommend this ball if you have the swing speeds to compress it (irons and driver). If you do, you'll love the reaction off the face. The B330 is longer, but if you can compress the "S" then distance is not an issue for you.

The new e5+ (mid priced/high spin) is a huge improvement over the e5 with its urethane cover. The click is a little muted but it is a soft ball with excellent spin and distance. Comparable distance to the B330-S. I use this ball for casual rounds and practice.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Last year Rock was blowing them out for 25 a dozen so I brought 10 dozen and loved everyone of them.Long and I could really back them up on the greens.Only problem was they seemed to scruff up a little easier then Pro v 1 but like I said I brought 10 dozen so I had plenty for the whole season.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Anyone know the big difference between the e5 and the e5+?

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Anyone know the big difference between the e5 and the e5+?

The urethane cover on the e5+ is superior to the surlyn used on the e5.

It is softer. The core was reworked as well. This ball flies further than the e5.

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

The original e5 also had a urethane cover.

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/galaxy/pro...ck_Golf_Balls&
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

My bad.

This is definetely a different ball over the e5...for the better IMO.

Love the B330-S!

Little bit firmer off the putter, but it's longer off the tee, more stable in the wind, and spins every bit as much around the greens as a ProV1.

:)
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

OK, I just bought a dozen e5+ for $24.99. I will report back next week.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 5949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!