IGNORED

New Member and New to Golf From York, PA

mey123
Note: This thread is 1670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Guys and Gals!!! My name is Mike and I currently live in York, Pa (work in Abingdon, MD, which is pretty close to Mountain Branch). I am new to golf (spent 1-2 years golfing for fun in late high school and early college), but have recently decided to pick it back up at age 32. I am a competitive person by nature and like to have to have something, other than work and family (wife and 2 kids), that pushes me to be better. I purchased a new set of clubs to get me started (nothing fancy), while planning on putting money away to get a better set down the road. I hope to use this forum as a place to meet new people in my area (hopefully someone is from around me that would like to golf after I get some more work on the course), and to learn. I am concentrating on the range/green right now to get my swing comfortable, and then plan on heading to a local par 3 course to break back into the swing of things. If anyone is in my area and interested in getting together just let me know. 

• iacas changed the title to New Member and New to Golf From York, PA

Welcome to TST! I’m not in your area but just wanted to welcome you to the best golf site there is. You should have no problem finding some people to meet up with in your area. Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Vinsk and Denny. Looking forward to the journey. If you were to have any 'must understand/see/do' for a beginner, feel free to share. I surely can use all the help i can get.

You hit the nail on this one. Great place to start your golf journey. Enjoy the forum and don't be afraid to ask questions.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Welcome to TST!

I wish I could join you, but I'm in IL. I've found this site to be an enormous help since I began golfing again after 10 years away from the game.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Note: This thread is 1670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!