IGNORED

Two Plus Years Later, Finally Playing Breath of the Wild

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a very... very casual gamer, but have kind of kept in touch with the progression of gaming from afar and limited play here and there on other people's machines, so basically a Rip Van Winkle coming into gaming, sort of like advancing into the future 30 years in one go.

I lost interest in BotW mainly because I forgot about it after its initial press barrage, the let's play video I watched didn't have much because it was near the release date and there weren't tons of video posted by people who advanced far into the game. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, I was browsing Amazon Prime and there was a let's play video hosted by an agreeable veteran of the BotW. Four episodes later, I was totally hooked by the game play just watching it and I bought a Switch right then and there. If it's just for BotW, it was worth it to me just for that one game. Didn't even wait for Black Friday, FOMO.

Fast forward to today, I've got one divine beast down and have gotten a crash course in gaming and all that's happened since like Xbox 1 or even earlier. I mean I knew about Twitch (I use it for other things) and Steam and know just enough about the major games out there to not sound dumb. BotW is totally addictive and I've also been watching let's play videos to see how other people figured things out. Was not prepared for just how big the universe is, it's gonna be awhile before I finish this game. 

Long story short, finally playing BotW and it's awesome!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Mine is still in the cellophane. 😛

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Was not prepared for just how big the universe is, it's gonna be awhile before I finish this game. 

Long story short, finally playing BotW and it's awesome!

If you want to explore everything, the game is massive. If you want to just push through the four divine beasts and go after Gannon, then you can beat the game in a few days. 

The ability to climb was a game changer for the Zelda franchise.  

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Well crud.

I was thinking that this might be a new sister course to Teeth of the Dog.

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

If you want to explore everything, the game is massive. If you want to just push through the four divine beasts and go after Gannon, then you can beat the game in a few days. 

The ability to climb was a game changer for the Zelda franchise.  

I actually feel vertigo making the climbs. And anywhere super high. Very realistic. Sweaty palms. Literally. 

The physics is very realistic. And when it rains and lightning is striking, you can kill yourself easy.

So many little things learned, like exactly how to throw a barrel and break it. Picked up a zombie head and Link kicked it, lol, like football.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I’ve finished it although I didn’t quite get the full ‘on my own’ experience. My 13 year old is a serious gamer and would interject often. I tell ya...it’s amazing how good these kids are at this stuff. Fortnite, Rainbow Six...I can’t even keep up with what’s going on. He got through BOTW like it was Pong.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

35 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I’ve finished it although I didn’t quite get the full ‘on my own’ experience. My 13 year old is a serious gamer and would interject often. I tell ya...it’s amazing how good these kids are at this stuff. Fortnite, Rainbow Six...I can’t even keep up with what’s going on. He got through BOTW like it was Pong.

Totally agree. I can't believe how fast really good players get through the game so elegantly.

Steve

ZOMG, this Thunderblight Ganon, I cannot get past this guy. Any tips?

Steve

I finally beat Thunderblight! Now I can just explore away. At least until I run into the next divine.

Steve

10 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I finally beat Thunderblight! Now I can just explore away. At least until I run into the next divine.

Sorry I missed this. Looks like you figured it out. I was stuck for hours trying to get passed it. My kid comes in and does it in 5:12. Ridiculous.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 10/17/2019 at 9:15 PM, Vinsk said:

Sorry I missed this. Looks like you figured it out. I was stuck for hours trying to get passed it. My kid comes in and does it in 5:12. Ridiculous.

Lol. I'm sure I'm gonna eventually run into another roadblock. This game, man.

Steve

Check out this detailed hand drawn map.

Steve

Woohoo! Finished all the divines. A few more memories to get. Had the Master Sword for awhile now. Finished about 50 shrines so a lot more to go. Not crazy about collecting Korok seeds, but that's the game. Just looking forward to exploring now without having any main quests to do other than the final one. Will have to sneak into the possessed castle for a memory, so at least will take a glimpse of Hyrule Castle. Will start taking on the stronger bosses. Maybe a little more than halfway done? The divines for me, were time consuming, preparing, and the dungeons.

Steve

This game is very addicting. Spent a lot of time leveling up the armor. Now heat resistant, cold resistant and soldier are at level 4, maxed out. Guardian armor is almost maxed out, just need some star fragments. Will probably max out barbarian armor. 

In the beginning of the game, if I saw a guardian, talus or hinox, I was like, run. And avoided major tests of strength. Now I am like, I'm gonna kill you quick, for the drops. Lynels though, I still have a problem with the 4000+ hp ones. I kill them, eventually, but w/effort, will have to get better and quicker and more tactics because their drops are required for upgrading barbarian.

Doing the shrines and the side quests are fun. Like clearing out the beach for the fisherman. Discovered so many cool places. OMG, Tarrey Town though. Now working on Gerudo, all the side quests. Need to confront the sand whale, get the thunder helm. Then it will be dragons. Some more exploring and finally the endgame.

Steve

Note: This thread is 1629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!