IGNORED

My Swing (TheEagleQuest)

theeaglequest
Note: This thread is 1559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

MY HOGAN SWING

I've been Playing Golf for: 40 years
My current handicap index or average score is: scratch
My typical ball flight is: draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: hook

Videos: 

[Delete this, Embed Videos Here - https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/]

animated (2).GIF

Here is a down the line view of my Hogan Swing

920055150_animated(4).GIF.5617eaea36526613c239736305d2191e.GIF

My Tiger Swing

953438384_animated(3).GIF.ae9ecb554caad76a6fc2b02c989c7e24.GIF

Here is another front view of my Hogan swing. Got to hit outside but sorry about the fence lol Really working on the Hogan transition move. 

1094626150_animated(5).GIF.5b7b8006e0e7202a7851d0474871c6f0.GIF

• theeaglequest changed the title to My Swing (TheEagleQuest)

The point is to post your swing and what you are working on-Not you pretending to mimic the swings of others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

The point is to post your swing and what you are working on-Not you pretending to mimic the swings of others.

But that is what I am working on. If you have insight into either Hogan, Tiger and soon Bobby Jones feel free to comment. I was just talking with someone in "Members Swings" about his Moe Norman swing, which I may also post myself doing. If you would like to give me your perspective I would love to hear it and I may incorporate your advice. I am really open to trying different ideas, especially on Mr  Hogan. Thank you for the input

10 hours ago, colin007 said:

The first one looks float loady to me.

You are spot on! I added a float load due to me thinking that must have been part of Hogan's original training as a youth. There is also a caddie drag, again I am assuming that was also part of Hogan's original training. I couldn't get that quick drop or signature move at the transition in his swing until I started playing with a caddie drag and float load. I think Hogan retained those two aspects but in a very micro way, so it was not perceptible. Again it is just something I have been playing with. You have a great set of eyes to have picked up that float load. Literally 95% of golfers wouldn't have seen it or even known what it is. Any other insights? 

I don't really understand the desire to have multiple different swings, which 90%+ of golfers who saw you swing wouldn't be able to identify who you are copying just by watching you swing.

Why not just find one swing that works the best for you, work with a coach, improve that swing, and play in some high level amateur tournaments? 

Do you keep different handicaps for each person's swing? I'd assume the Tiger swing should be the best since he is the GOAT?

Also you said you want to eliminate a hook, well which swing is that with? 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, klineka said:

I don't really understand the desire to have multiple different swings, which 90%+ of golfers who saw you swing wouldn't be able to identify who you are copying just by watching you swing.

Why not just find one swing that works the best for you, work with a coach, improve that swing, and play in some high level amateur tournaments? 

Do you keep different handicaps for each person's swing? I'd assume the Tiger swing should be the best since he is the GOAT?

Also you said you want to eliminate a hook, well which swing is that with? 

Thank you for your input and questions brother. I am almost 50 and hit my peak in golf many years ago. I have played scratch golf since I was in my early 20's. I do have my own particular swing which has evolved over the years and hooks/blocks do tend to plague must low handicappers. I have been blessed to study with many great instructors in my time. I am not really looking to improve my ball striking per se at this point, but to explore the golf swing. It is my absolute passion to understand what our great masters did in their particular swings. I exchange my ideas and get ideas from people around the world about their observations of what these great masters did. This is something I have been doing for about 15 years. I love forums like these that link me up with like minded people both pros and amateurs. I am open to any and all ideas and will try them. It is just my hobby to mimic the great players of the past. I do actually learn a lot playing around with their swings. I love playing rounds of golf with my different swings of the past masters. My friends always ask "who are we playing with today? Hogan? Tiger? Bobby Jones? Byron Nelson?...."  So it is really just research and a hobby. It keeps the game of golf fresh for me and I always believe we never stop learning. With Hogans swing what I find interesting is that the right elbow move eliminates the hook/block, but with Tiger's blocks can be an occasional problem. Hogan is a bit more difficult for me to play with because the mechanism is different than how the typically golf swing is done. I guess you can say he has a different sequence of actions. I can play pretty close to my normal round of golf with Tiger's swing as it is similar to mine. With Hogan's I have to think a lot more about changing my sequencing so I will hit some amazing shots but occasionally some bad ones. If I were to start all over I would now move towards a Hogan style swing. I also have a Bryon Nelson swing which I play extremely well with because I use to have a lot of slack in my knees like him when I was younger. So it is a more natural swing for me. I will post that swing soon. Lastly I am always evolving these swings so input is encouraged. I really never stop learning and Hogan is amazing swing to study as the depth of what he was doing is mind blowing!

Can not take the time to quote the different parts of your wall of text but-

1-Your Hogan and Tiger swings do not look like Hogan and Tiger.-Agree with @klineka on that.

2-You are open minded?-Not true.

3-Your friends are probably poking fun at you.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

44 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

Can not take the time to quote the different parts of your wall of text but-

1-Your Hogan and Tiger swings do not look like Hogan and Tiger.-Agree with @klineka on that.

2-You are open minded?-Not true.

3-Your friends are probably poking fun at you.

Thank you for your input. I am in Philly so yeah we love to bust on each other. Definitely not place to make friends if you are easily triggered. Nothing is sacred when we get to busting each other lol Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me if I am that far off or maybe I am hopeless lol Perhaps my ex would agree with you that I am not open minded. Thanks Brother and thanks for the honesty 

Note: This thread is 1559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!