IGNORED

Is Lorena the Tiger of the LPGA Tour?

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is Lorena the Tiger of the LPGA Tour?

• For sure, for sure!
    • No way, no how!
    • I'm too wishy washy to have an opinion . . .

• 4 weeks later...
All I know is that she is much cuter than T Dub.

My math might be off a little here, but Lorena, Morgan & Paula sounds a little more like a threesome than a foursome to me . . . or were you planning on being the 4th?

There are a lot of intersting replies in here and I'd have to go along with pretty much all of you guys. I agree with them, they all made sense in different ways and points. I vote for "wishy-washy", with a side of "I believe she has what it takes to achieve that level of greatness".

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

She's only been good for a couple of years, has only 1 major, but the biggest difference is that she is much less marketable (not-good looking, not much personality, no "invincibility")

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

as much as i would like to play a round of golf with lorena, i feel sad for all the americans that are losing their jobs because of her. i guess she does have her green card working permit and so its legit but does anyone know if she's ever been checked to have one?

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

• Administrator
She's only been good for a couple of years, has only 1 major, but the biggest difference is that she is much less marketable (not-good looking, not much personality, no "invincibility")

To be fair, she has two now, though I agree with the gist of your post and said as much in podcast #83.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

She's only 26, won six LPGA Tournaments in '06, eight LPGA Tournaments in '07 and is off to a great start in '08 (leads HSBC by 7 strokes after two rounds in her first outing of the year).

At this point in '08 Lorena has won four tournaments Iincluding a major) in five starts. It's looking like a huge year for Ochoa.

WTH... she has won 2, not 1... the Kraft Nabrisco and the Women's Open! But I will give you that she's only been good a few years. ... I see someone already cleared that up... whoops I am in the middle on the original question... right now she is dominating fields and such like Tiger, but until she bags a few more majors I'm not ready to compare the two on that level. Just a note... I think that the difference in the LPGA and PGA is that the #100 guy on the PGA money list is a lot closer to the top 10 than the #100 woman on the LPGA list is to her top 10. I don't mean money-wise, but rather talent-wise. The PGA is a lot deeper than the LPGA... so take that for what it's worth.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!