IGNORED

Does Anyone Have Any Experience Using a Power Bag?

AUHacker
Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is that just an impact bag? I think they’re  good for teaching people the feeling of hitting something with a flat lead wrist, though I’ve never actually used one myself.

You can find cheaper ones on Amazon or elsewhere.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We used to use something similiar when I played baseball in college. I am not sure how it would extend to golf. I've never seen anyone use something like that, I am afraid I would snap the shaft of the club.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• iacas changed the title to Does Anyone Have Any Experience Using a Power Bag?

If it's an impact bag, I made my own several years ago. Used a pillow case filled with rags, and towels. If you make your own, make sure the club will collapse it enough so as not to damage the club. I always used one of my non gamer clubs on it.

Eventually the pillowcase would tear, and I would replace it....after duct tape was no longer useful....lol. 

At the time my instructor had me working on my wrist lag. Don't remember all the particulars about it, other than I gained a few yards. There are several articles on the web about using one. You tube has videos I think.

@NM Golf during my college baseball days we would swing a metal bat into a small tire the coach would hang from tree limb. Small world. Same premise as in golf I believe, on getting the proper wrist release.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

4 minutes ago, Patch said:

@NM Golf during my college baseball days we would swing a metal bat into a small tire the coach would hang from tree limb. Small world. Same premise as in golf I believe, on getting the proper wrist release.  

We had a couple old punching bags, and we also took soft toss with flat basketballs filled with a little sand. That would ring the hands a little I tell you.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

My coach had one and I tried it out for a brief time.  I thought it was a great tool to teach a good impact condition.

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!