IGNORED

SuperSpeed Counterbalance: Progress or Gimmick

criley4way
Note: This thread is 1477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Counterbalance stick the real deal or just a gimmick  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts or experience with the Counterbalance Stick

• Real Deal: this really improves arm speed
    • Just do the regular drills and save the $$

I have been working with the SuperSpeed system for about 6 weeks. My swing coach told me that Not getting stuck was a key for me because my hips/body were outracing my hands.

I am just starting Stage 2 with the kneeling drills which work on arm speed.

SO is the Counterbalance stick the real deal or just a gimmick to make $100

Admin edit: https://superspeedgolf.com/products/superspeed-c?aff=40

SuperSpeed_Counterweight_weight_view_120

Counterweight training alters the physics of your golf swing by significantly changing the balance point of the golf club and moves mass behind your hands. This allows for significantly faster release speed of the golf club...

Edited by iacas
Added link to the page

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

BTW, if you use the coupon code "iacas" you'll save 10%.

I haven't read enough or used it to know, but I trust the SuperSpeed people to know what they're talking about, generally speaking. I also wonder if they almost have to come up with something new, because at some point, they'll semi-saturate their market.

Anyway, I've ordered two.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

47 minutes ago, iacas said:

BTW, if you use the coupon code "iacas" you'll save 10%.

I haven't read enough or used it to know, but I trust the SuperSpeed people to know what they're talking about, generally speaking. I also wonder if they almost have to come up with something new, because at some point, they'll semi-saturate their market.

Anyway, I've ordered two.

I’ll be very interested in an honest review.  I swear by the regular Superspeed system.

Well, if you are not ready to spend $100 ($90 w IACAS coupon cd); you could always turn your driver around (the grip is now the clubhead) and swing. I'll do this on the tee box to prep for my next swing. A few years ago before superspeed; a TPI certified trainer had me swing the driver turned around; then a 5 Iron; then a wedge. The protocol was similar to the superspeed protocols.

By the way - I own a set of the Superspeed sticks.

Here is an interesting article on research done on "overspeed" training: 

Golfer-Swing.jpg

Coach Chris Finn looks at the available research on overspeed training to determine whether it is safe and efficient method for golfers.

• Administrator
On 2/4/2020 at 9:56 PM, MiuraMan said:

Well, if you are not ready to spend $100 ($90 w IACAS coupon cd); you could always turn your driver around (the grip is now the clubhead) and swing. Golfer-Swing.jpg

That’s a bit too light.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

I'm not convinced that makes much difference at all. I my experience most of the issues that it is supposed to help correct are more the result of limitations in mobility, and to a lesser degree strength, in the 5 mobile segments in the kinematic golf swing chain. Decreased proprioception also plays a role and the counterbalance stick may help with that.

However, its not necessary. Basic mobility exercises can help especiall targetd to the individuals needs. But far and away the best way to improve these areas is interleaving practice. For a bit of variety you could also go to your local waterway and skip stones as far and as many skips as you can.

Note: This thread is 1477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!