IGNORED

Spring Training 2020, Anyone Coming Down?

snapfade
Note: This thread is 1529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To add to the snowbird collection, the Spring Training crowd is headed down here. Pitcher's and catchers show up this week with workouts starting the weekend and the first game is on the 21st. Any one coming down?

orioles2014_1.jpg

Here is the Grapefruit League 2020 schedule, focused on the 15 MLB teams training in Florida's Gulf Coast, Tampa Bay area and the Treasure Coast.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Spring Training 2020, Anyone Coming Down?

I used to go to a lot of games but the ticket prices have become so expensive I don't go much anymore. It actually costs more to go to a spring training game than a regular season game (at least here in Tampa).

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

11 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

I used to go to a lot of games but the ticket prices have become so expensive I don't go much anymore. It actually costs more to go to a spring training game than a regular season game (at least here in Tampa).

We went to a Philly's game last year and it took 4 hours to get there which is usually 2 hrs to Tampa from where we live. We had the Nationals here until 2016 was the last season before they moved I think. Ill probably go down and see the Marlins/Met's and whoever they are playing. I look for a deal, and usually can be found if not a "popular" team. They jack the prices up for the marquee match-ups.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

2 hours ago, snapfade said:

They jack the prices up for the marquee match-ups.

Definitely not the Tigers....not a chance I'd waste time and money to see them.   I'm bringing my golf clubs instead.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On 2/11/2020 at 9:44 PM, dennyjones said:

Definitely not the Tigers....not a chance I'd waste time and money to see them.   I'm bringing my golf clubs instead.

They're terrible but Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland is among my favorites. Classic spring training ballpark. And the home of the best concession item(s) I've ever had at any stadium. There was a young guy with a tomato soup and grilled cheese booth. Just terrific. He told me it doesn't matter how hot the place gets (and it was hot that day) he sells out early.

Bradenton and Sarasota are fun ballparks as well. The Twins' place in Ft. Myers is my favorite of the more modern parks I've been to. Loved the two wisecracking old gents serving beer shakes. We had planned to see the new Nats/Astros complex this year but a family thing is sending us north instead. Maybe next year.

Edited by commishbob
  • Informative 1

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

Please check out my sports card/memorabilia blog: The Five Tool Collector

On 2/13/2020 at 1:25 AM, commishbob said:

They're terrible but Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland is among my favorites. Classic spring training ballpark. And the home of the best concession item(s) I've ever had at any stadium. There was a young guy with a tomato soup and grilled cheese booth. Just terrific. He told me it doesn't matter how hot the place gets (and it was hot that day) he sells out early.

Bradenton and Sarasota are fun ballparks as well. The Twins' place in Ft. Myers is my favorite of the more modern parks I've been to. Loved the two wisecracking old gents serving beer shakes. We had planned to see the new Nats/Astros complex this year but a family thing is sending us north instead. Maybe next year.

For me, regardless of how a team did last season, there is something about Spring Training that gets me excited. Ill go see just about anyone if I get a good deal on the tickets. Its just cool. I have never been to Lakeland so that might be on the list, thanks for your recommendation!

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!