IGNORED

How to Convert Old Drivers to Modern Interchangeable Shaft Sleeves?

Note: This thread is 1487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi does anyone know of a product or way to get old drivers circa 2000s to fit interchangeable shafts ie.with modern titleist adapters.  I have a lot of nice drivers like r500, nike ignite, r7 super quad etc.  I would really like to be able to just fit my 910 /913surefit titleist driver shafts in them so I can use them properly.I imagine there is some sort of product that I can epoxy onto the driver hosels that would then accept my titleist shafts? I cant seem to find anything online.  I know I can get the titleist surefit thing but I imagine that will only go into 910 drivers and up that have the hole through the bottom of the drivers, glued drivers dont have that hole?  I have some demo mizuno 6 irons and they have an interchangeable system on the head for different shafts so I know something exists. Thanks.  I'm in the UK so products arent jumping out at me on ebay. 

Edited by 2huskys
added titleist driver details

• iacas changed the title to How to Convert Old Drivers to Modern Interchangeable Shaft Sleeves?
  • Administrator

No, and there likely isn't a market for it, because there wouldn't be much of a market for putting money into old driver heads.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Erik’s most likely right..but maybe @Adam C will have an idea.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Club Conex offers a couple products that allow for a conventional hosel modification for interchangeable heads. Pieces are around $10-$20 each for a head or shaft. This will add weight to the overall club in the end, both swing weight and static weight so you want to at least be aware of that. Look at the FAZ fit or the FUSE fit product line. One is epoxied inside the hosel and the other you epoxy to the outside of the hosel. Have not used it but looks like you need to sand the outside of the hosel for that one so there is no going back as you will mess up the look of the shaft. The final club lengths will also need to be adjusted depending on which one you use.

This would be a little trickier with my new woods.

They have whipping.

Louisville Classic.png

TaylorMade 300___307cc driver, 13.5°                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Top Flite Titanium Intimidator 400___3, 5, 7, 9 woods                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Mizuno Fli Hi II___driving iron                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Titleist T300___7, 8, 9, PW, AW, GW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Titleist SM6___LW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Tad Moore Chicopee___putter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Titleist Pro V1x___ball

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Waste of time. All adjustable drivers do is change face angle. Just a way for manufacturers to not have to make different lofts

Have you watched this?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Have you watched this?

I don’t think so!😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

This guy explains it well but in actual use most golfers will find it hard to grab a wood and spin the grip without soleing the club to get it square to the target. Most I have played with adjust the loft , sole the club to take their grip and play with anything but a square club face. Why wouldn’t it be easier to just buy the right loft for you from the beginning?

5 hours ago, tinker said:

This guy explains it well but in actual use most golfers will find it hard to grab a wood and spin the grip without soleing the club to get it square to the target. Most I have played with adjust the loft , sole the club to take their grip and play with anything but a square club face. Why wouldn’t it be easier to just buy the right loft for you from the beginning?

Because they don’t have a wide range of lofts and lies available. You and I are built different and I may need 11.25 loft and a lie of 60 and you might need 9.5 and 62. Fixed loft drivers of old were adjusted by fitter to match the player. It would be great if we all matched a stock driver, but that’s not realistic.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I was a club fitter, builder. What’s the sense of a fitting if the merchant can set you up with what fits. That’s why there are many brands and styles on the market( or there used to be). Would you buy one iron with an adjustable head and telescopic shaft? I think someone sells such a thing but I don’t want it. I like a pear shaped head that appears about one degree on the open side at 10 or 10.5 loft. 11 degree won’t kill me, closed down faces will. 50 to 60 gram shafts at 45 inches with 3 to 4.5 torque work fine. Is they are 30 bucks that’s all the better. The adjustability is in your address and swing plane. I don’t need a different driver setting to hit a fade or draw.

Note: This thread is 1487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!