IGNORED

My Swing (Birish21)

Birish21
Note: This thread is 1393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 6/29/2020 at 4:43 AM, dennyjones said:

Welcome to TST.   

It's difficult to give you an analysis w/o seeing video.   As @ColonelCamp stated, video will tell you for sure and you can get some great help from qualified people here.  

Please be gentle lol.  I will be making a my swing thread soon. 

44 minutes ago, Birish21 said:

Please be gentle lol.  I will be making a my swing thread soon. 

You have one now 😃

Feel free to update this thread with the basic information asked when one normally starts a member swing thread when you get the chance.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 months
My current handicap index or average score is: Well over 100
My typical ball flight is: Straight or dead right if I can't get my hips and chest turned.
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Hitting the ball thin.

A little about me, I am 40 and have always been fascinated by golf.  I have had a set of Nike Slingshots since 2008 and only played about 10 times since I bought them.  This quarantine has renewed my desire to play and I have about 20 rounds + multiple range days under my belt.

I struggle primarily with thin shots or taking divots behind the ball.  I fail constantly at hip/shoulder rotation, and weight transfer is almost non existent with my driver.  Not a lot of golf pro's here on Guam to take lessons from so I have been primarily trying to learn from YouTube.  I just started filming my shots so here are three to start off this thread.

I am extremely receptive to any advice/criticism.  I won't get offended by anything said.

Thank you.

Edited by Birish21

I only watched one iron video, but you have next to no weight transfer in your iron shots as well.

32495A0D-8F50-486A-881E-FF35CBCADA46.thumb.png.dfdc7e81b189a6b303df8c45caa9ef2e.png

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Birish21 said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 months
My current handicap index or average score is: Well over 100
My typical ball flight is: Straight or dead right if I can't get my hips and chest turned.
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Hitting the ball thin.

A little about me, I am 40 and have always been fascinated by golf.  I have had a set of Nike Slingshots since 2008 and only played about 10 times since I bought them.  This quarantine has renewed my desire to play and I have about 20 rounds + multiple range days under my belt.

I struggle primarily with thin shots or taking divots behind the ball.  I fail constantly at hip/shoulder rotation, and weight transfer is almost non existent with my driver.  Not a lot of golf pro's here on Guam to take lessons from so I have been primarily trying to learn from YouTube.  I just started filming my shots so here are three to start off this thread.

I am extremely receptive to any advice/criticism.  I won't get offended by anything said.

Thank you.

I recommend the drills in the thread below, especially days 1 to 5. They will really help you develop the proper sequence and position. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!