IGNORED

Golf shoe recs?

Note: This thread is 5862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm in the market for a new pair of golf shoes and was wondering if anybody has recommendations. I've bought Bite golf shoes for years now - just love the comfort - but am considering other brands this time. I am looking (ideally) for a combination of:

1) Comfort - I have toe and achilles pain, so a wide toe box and solid support are important.
2) Waterproof - 2 yrs. would be nice
3) Price - In the past, I've admittedly tried to go super-cheap. This time, I'm willing to pony up a bit more, but I really don't see myself paying more than $150.
4) Looks - Something that looks good on the course and instills confidence when you're standing over the ball (might sound silly, but I think there's something to it).

Any help is appreciated.

I just got a pair of Nike Air Max Dual D shoes and I am very impressed by them. They don't look like the traditional golf shoe (more like a running shoe), but they are extremely comfortable and have a 2 year waterproof warrenty. Not too expensive either.

http://www.discountgolfworld.com/pro...al-d-2007.html

But if your going for the all out top-of-the-line shoe, my vote would go for the Adidas Tour 360 II. Really expensive though.

http://shop.adidasgolf.com/men-footw...tour360ii.html

Hope this helped.
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

I put 139 or so rounds on a pair of adidas last year and they are still going strong.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

I currently use the Nike SP-8's. I have only put one 18 hole round on them so far this year. The course was damp and VERY long, even with all the walking my feet remained perfectly dry. The shoe gives great stability/traction during the swing and flex's easy when walking. To top it off, I personally think they look great!. Heres the link and image for the shoe.
http://www.golfsmith.com/products/248640

In the Grom bag:

Driver: G5 9* Aldila NV65
Irons: I-3 O-size
SW: cg14 56*Putter: Marilyn

I'm in the market for a new pair of golf shoes and was wondering if anybody has recommendations. I've bought Bite golf shoes for years now - just love the comfort - but am considering other brands this time. I am looking (ideally) for a combination of:

Having go through many shoes (about a pair every 18mths), i have now a pair of Callaways (have had Dry Joys for the past 3 years) and personally i would never go back. I tried the new Adidas 360, and they seem ok.

I would suggest either FJ or Callaways > all they do is (and concentrate on) golf equipment. Most of the higher end models of each tick all of your boxes. For me, besides the looks, what matters to be most is how my feet feel after a round (i rarely use a cart).
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Having go through many shoes (about a pair every 18mths), i have now a pair of Callaways (have had Dry Joys for the past 3 years) and personally i would never go back. I tried the new Adidas 360, and they seem ok.

PS: i have the Callaway Grand Slams

PPS: The golf pro who sold them to me said, if i dont like them after 5 rounds of golf, i will give you your money back. That was 6 months ago.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Footjoy Dryjoys. Never put on a more comfortable shoe, ever

I am with you on this until I picked up some Footjoy Gelfusion 2s on closeout. Wow, nice shoe. DryJoy is my standby.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I got a pair of these a month ago, and I'm in love:

MSRP $140 - Fiddler's Green price: $89

Comfortable, convenient, waterproof, etc.. etc...

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all. Lots of interesting suggestions. Now I'm confused as ever.

Haven't pulled the trigger on this yet, but I have to admit that the spikeless Etonics are very intriguing. Will let y'all know when I finally make the move on something.

I have a pair of Adidas Tour 360 and they're great. But I got a pair of the new Dryjoys with the Pod technology and they're the best shoes I've ever had.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Note: This thread is 5862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!