IGNORED

My Swing (Chadlr90)

Chadlr90
Note: This thread is 1335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 15 hcp 
My typical ball flight is: Meduim 
The shot I hate or the "miss"    push fade

I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Eliminate Back foot slide

Looking for any tips, drills or a thought process to get rid of this nasty foot slide. 

Videos: 

19 hours ago, Chadlr90 said:

Looking for any tips, drills or a thought process to get rid of this nasty foot slide. 

Videos: 

Welcome to The Sand Trap. Thanks for posting. It’s a bit tough to see with your camera angles, but you may be reaching back a bit too far in the backswing. Check out the thread below.

Also check out the drills in Day 1 through 5 in this thread. It will help you feel the proper backswing and downswing sequence.

When you film down the line, have it line up on your toe line and at hand height.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To add to what @boogielicious said, it looks like the first half of your backswing is all arms. Meaning you have very little rotation of the shoulders when your shaft is about parallel with the ground. Definitely check out the COVID practice drills linked above

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

On 8/27/2020 at 8:46 AM, Chadlr90 said:

Videos: 

There is a tour pro with a back foot slide, can't recall his name.  What do you think it's causing you to do?

57 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

There is a tour pro with a back foot slide, can't recall his name.  What do you think it's causing you to do?

I immediately thought of Scottie Scheffler. Back foot definitely slides forward after impact

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

No hip turn from A1 (address) to A3 (arm parallel to ground in backswing). Be more passive with the arms and more active with a hip/torso turn. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Greg Norman had a foot slide! But their's slide forward. Mine slides out lol. I just feel like it's causing me to push my balls right and costing me a little power. I appreciate all the input and will get to working on all the new stuff! I will also get better camera angles! Thanks so much guys!

Note: This thread is 1335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!