IGNORED

Need Serious Help New Driver

Duane42141
Note: This thread is 1312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently bought the newer Taylormade M2 with a stiff fujikura 56 gram shaft, I can’t hit the damn thing out of the tee box. I had a Callaway X Hot with a project x stiff flex and I hit it better. Are the stiff project x shafts stiffer than the Fujikura stiff shafts?

• iacas changed the title to Need Serious Help New Driver
15 hours ago, Duane42141 said:

I recently bought the newer Taylormade M2 with a stiff fujikura 56 gram shaft, I can’t hit the damn thing out of the tee box. I had a Callaway X Hot with a project x stiff flex and I hit it better. Are the stiff project x shafts stiffer than the Fujikura stiff shafts?

What was the shaft weight of the Callaway? 56g is pretty light. My swing speed is around 92-95 and I use a 65g shaft.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 hours ago, Duane42141 said:

I'd say both shafts play fairly similar....supposedly the PX Velocity shaft is around 54 gms.

I have the X Hot hybrids with the same shafts and don't think they play stout.

I have a TM M3 driver and using the old R15 "made for" Fujikura Evolution 57 Speeder shaft in stiff....I like it better than the heavier Tensei Blue CK stiff shaft...felt the Tensei was just a bit too whippy.

If you find the Fuji 56 too whippy and light....there are quite a few used shafts out there for $50-$80 and sell the 56.

If you can't hit the M2 vs. the X Hot driver...I'm guessing it's user error...just sayin.😄

On 9/18/2020 at 5:01 PM, Duane42141 said:

I have a Taylormade.  I have been learning on it.  I can't really hit anything else now - I have tried.  I wonder if you have a reverse situation.  You did not try it out before you bought it?

Question, did you try the M2 before you bought it? If do, did you hit well then?

The few times I bought a new driver I did a fitting and the stats tell me which to get.  It costs a little more but I feel confident in the new weapon because of the fitting process.  My most recent purchase was this past June.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

On 9/18/2020 at 2:01 PM, Duane42141 said:

@Adam C could probably answer your question but I'm curious - did you buy it somewhere that you can take it back and try it with different shafts? Or, I took my M1 driver into a local golf discount store and I was able to try out a few other shafts and ended up purchasing a new one. Might be something to try.

Edited by Zippo
Spelling

Note: This thread is 1312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!