big6_76

Limited Rotation

6 posts / 658 viewsLast Reply

I'm 44 years old and brand new to golf.  I will be getting a few lessons soon but until then I have a question?  I have limited rotation in my back swing to the point that my club head speed is barely 50-70 mph.  My total distance with my 7 iron averages 140ish when I have a solid strike (with a launch monitor).  My question is this.  Are there any drills that you all have used yourselves that will increase mobility and actually give me a better rotation?  At the moment when I get to the top of my back swing my left arm bends to compensate for the limited flexibility and this is affecting my ball striking I believe.  Any links to websites with visuals would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, big6_76 said:

My question is this.  Are there any drills that you all have used yourselves that will increase mobility and actually give me a better rotation?  

Create a my swing thread and post a down the line view. It could be that you are just not turning your body well enough. Hard to say what is causing your issues with out seeing your swing. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A swing video would help us see how flexible you really are in your swing. Although 140 yards with a 7i is pretty good imo.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My 7i is similar, I restarted last year! My driver speed now varies 70-85 but at higher speeds, less control. The average is higher now after a year. I find doing ½ to 3/4 swings helps a lot. Lessons will be very beneficial.