IGNORED

Who SHOULD Be Faster? 2 Young Men Each In His Own Cart, Or Four Senior Citizen Ladies?

A lot of the slow play griping comes from singles and twosomes who are following several foursomes.  I have been in that situation and the best solution in my experience is to pair up and make threesomes and foursomes.  Sometimes that is not possible, but too often I see a course with a lot of twosomes and singles who avoid pairing up.

Yes, there are many foursomes who are unwilling or incapable of playing 18 holes in 4 hours or less.  They are a real problem.  Still, if we paired up we would see an improvement.

• Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 months later...

I have a couple of senior male friends (both in their early 70's) who play speed golf...senior tees, don't spend a lot of time looking lost balls and more than two putts on the green its time to move on.  They don't keep score as they don't worry about handicaps, instead one will tell you his goal is simple - bogie or better.  They can do 18 in about 2hrs 45mins.  When I am out there with my son and 4yr old grandson, we are mindful of where we are.  If there are groups coming up on us, we let them play through.  We try to schedule tee times "away from the high flow times" to make sure we can work with the grandson on his game.  Other times when it is my son and I or me flying solo, we/I are/is aware of who's ahead and who's behind.  Sometimes they let us play through and others we let them.  If you want to play fast - get in front of our local morning  men/women scramble group - they are all about getting it done!  Course etiquette is the real key - if you can, let others play through, if others wave you through take the gift and move along, if its a stuck in the middle day just stop and smell whatever is in bloom.... 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades