IGNORED

Tiger Woods: Phenomenal.

RichF
Note: This thread is 5904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After watching yesterday's amazing finish to the Arnold Palmer Invitational, I was saying on Friday that being 7 shots behind Vijay Singh, that Tiger Woods' 6-month winning streak ends this weekend.
I thought something similar on Day #3 at Dubai Desert Classic 6 weeks ago and again on Day #1 of the WGC 4 weeks ago.

I'm now having a wager that he'll winning the Slam and go undefeated, maybe 15 and 15?

Ali, Pele, Sobers, Maradona, Jordan, Montana/Elway, Bonds, Gretzky, Lewis, Sampras, Schumacher, Federer, Armstrong - Woods eclipses them all.

I already feel that the 'Tiger-Slam' in 2000-01 is the greatest accomplishment in all of sports and the only way it would be eclipsed is by Woods doing what he's on pace to do this year.
Its a global impact only few people ever have - I understand that sports is not on a human or civil rights level and Woods is not some mythical being...but keep in mind I grew up playing/watching football, cricket, rugby, tennis, etc and yet now I never miss a single shot the guy takes on TV.
Playing golf myself, I can appreciate even more what he can do and has done.

I'm lucky to be around and have the insight to watch and appreciate somthing that will one day be considered 'The-Greatest-Athlete-To-Ever-Dominate-His-Sport'.

http://www.pgatour.com/video/?/video...ods_xm.pgatour
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

hi

Don't actually know about the

entire season but Ladbrookes have the following odds for the Majors: All four - 12/1 Three - 5/1 Two - 2/1 One - 2/1
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

Yes Tiger WILL go undefeated in the Majors this year. Hes playing courses that suit his game...First off is Augusta--He will dominate there this year. The way hes hitting that 5-wood---nobody has a chance to compete with him there. Next-is the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines---i predict he will win by at least 8 strokes. Hes won this year there and if the course is harder setup- then you can exclude three 4ths of that field. Then the British Open--at Birkdale--it plays as a slightly longer Hoylake---Tiger will use his 2 iron to victory there---Last is the PGA Championship at Oakland Hills. This is a bombers course with holes similar to Quail Hollow where the Wachovia is played. Its going to be pretty easy for him to win on a bomber's course like that.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

r7 I hope you touched some serious wood after saying that, hope you haven't jinxed Tigers chances of the grand slam lol.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

r7 I hope you touched some serious wood after saying that, hope you haven't jinxed Tigers chances of the grand slam lol.

No-Fred Funk would be the first to jinx--he made a big bet that tiger would go undefeated this year

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

The guy's phenomenal. His extremely tough mental game is a huge advantage against his opponents, not just his highly skilled physical game. Then, throw in the intimidation factor, & you've got the perfect golfer right there. It seems like players break down at some point during the round when they play against him. That guy's amazing.

In my Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 10.5° Fujikura RE/AX 60 D3 RF Graphite

3-Wood: TaylorMade r7 Ti 15° Fujikura RE/AX 60 D2 RF Graphite

3-Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 21° Callaway H/600 D2 RF Graphite

4-Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 24° Callaway H/600 D2 RF Graphite

5-9: TaylorMade RAC OS2 27° to 42° T-Step D3 RF Steel

PW: TaylorMade RAC OS2 27° to 42° T-Step D4 RF Steel

AW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 50°, 6° Bounce WF Steel

SW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 54°, 10° Bounce WF Steel

LW: TaylorMade RAC Satin 58°, 8° Bounce WF Steel

P: TaylorMade Rossa Daytona1 AGSI®+ 32” Blade

The guy's phenomenal. His extremely tough mental game is a huge advantage against his opponents, not just his highly skilled physical game. Then, throw in the intimidation factor, & you've got the perfect golfer right there. It seems like players break down at some point during the round when they play against him. That guy's amazing.

I know man. I have a story. I had an all access pass to all Oakmont areasthrough my sources------i was watching Tiger putt on number 2. in a practice round Up ahead of 2 was number 3 tee box--and you wont believe this--i kid you not---after ian poulter teed off on 3 he stood ahead and watched tiger putt on 3-like he was a spectator. it was amazing because even the pros are amazed at how good tiger is. Poulter literally stood there with his hand on his chin looking at how tiger read number 2's green. To be honest as well--tiger is one buff guy to see in person. His shoulders are very wide and looks more like a boxer.. He physically intimidating as well.

Poulter said that he is the only one who can challenge Tiger on his day when he's playing well-so perhaps he was trying to stare out Tiger rather than gazing in amazement/admiration!..lol

Im a European, and i am not keen on him and nor are many of the other Brits/ Europeans...he is just an arrogant/vain idiotic person and an embarrassment to the rest of us this side of the pond.

If he paid less attention to his dress and more on his game he may be good enough to clean Tiger's clubs.

I don't think Tiger needs anybody to blow wind up him, ..I'm sure Elin tells him how fantastic he is when he gets home from work.

Agreed.

He probably gets off the course after winning yet again and thinks, "Oh god....now i got to get back home to the missus....sigh"
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

Poulter said that he is the only one who can challenge Tiger on his day when he's playing well-so perhaps he was trying to stare out Tiger rather than gazing in amazement/admiration!..lol

This attitude confuses me so much (not just yours, It's an attitude that many golfers suffer from) People are raving and ranting about the lack professionals brave enough to challenge Tiger head to head and then as soon as someone comes along man enough to call Tiger out and announce they are not afraid to take on the Tiger (aka Mr. Poulter) everyone raves and rants about how arrogant and cocky Mr. Poulter is

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I agree with you JayB--everyone's being hypocritical

How bout Woody Austin saying he has really only won three in a row, somehow the 2 from last year don't count? Well Woodster...TW has rented out space in your head.

I don't think he will win all 4 majors, I really don't think he will win Augusta. One of the top 10 "B Flight" players will win Augusta. One of the guys like Choi, Stricker, Z. Johnson....you know, the guys who shut their mouth and play smart and hard, and they also know that "their best" beats "Tiger's almost best" maybe 1 out of 5 times.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

i don't know- if Tiger plays like he has been playing id say he's virtually unbeatable-he's got a great short game too....

others to watch for- Mickelson, Casey and the other usuals. Davis Love and Stricker too.

Here is my 2cents.The streak stops this week and Phil;l wins the Masters.Tiger will win both opens and a new guy will win thw PGA.And if you want to buy some S.C. land let me know.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Note: This thread is 5904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!