IGNORED

This Poor Lady Trying to Walk Up an Icy Street Made Me Laugh So Hard

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Seriously, that poor lady.  I am surprised she didn't give up and go around after about 3 attempts.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 months later...

Reminds me of a long long time ago here in California we actually had a small dusting of snow and my mom wanted to take some home movies of me and my older brother on the front lawn. Of course the driveway was iced over and our mom just told us be careful around the ice and what does she proceed to do? Slips right there on the patch of ice and busts the projector camera I think it was one of those 8mm ones my dad was pissed about that one and she was okay more pride hurt than anything else.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • On days when I'm hitting my driver well this is my play too. Otherwise I'll usually hit 4i a tad left of the aim point denoted by the white lines on the left fairway. Though honestly I set the bar of "playing driver well" a little low and block a driver into the water too often 😬
    • I agree with your message, as I thought the same in response; however, I don’t agree with attacking the person, but ideas or statements that he holds are fair game in my eyes. Not trying to be a mod, so don’t “get it twisted,” as young ones say; just expressing my opinion of partial agreement. 
    • Meh. They could have had a bit more fun with it. I would have preferred the "Cleveland River Fire" to honor when the Cuyahoga River actually caught fire. 12 times. 
    • Notes from the Wisconsin trip: Long game is as good as it has ever been. I lost 2 balls over 6 rounds, which is incredibly good for me. I'm struggling to think of a time when I hit the ball better, and I don't think I have for that many rounds. The challenge is going to be keeping it up, because... Short game and putting needs a lot of work. It makes sense, because I've been working a ton on my long game to get it better. That worked paid off, but I need to get my putting and short game better. For putting, I need to work on speed control a lot more. I also need to focus more on less face movement when the stroke gets longer. I also need to work on bead, because I miss my line on putts inside of 10 feet way too often. For short game, I need to find a chipping technique that works. I need to review some of the COVID practice stuff on chipping to get that technique better. My distance control with chips needs to be better. Pitching was not good at Sand Valley, but I think that's more due to the turf than anything. Still could use some tuning up there. Practice ratios for me for the next couple of months will probably be 15% long game, 50% putting, and 35% short game. Unless something bad rears its head in my long game, which is absolutely possible.
    • This is a very stupid post. @boogielicious pretty much explained to you why it’s stupid. Moreover, your logic in keeping the name, because you hope something offends you, so that you won’t make the same mistake, is some of the most far-fetched BS attempt at logic I’ve seen. It’s like you’re trying to compare the name change to Civil War museum artifacts; these are not the same thing. I’m all for preserving history, even dark and stained history, to do what you’re advocating. The museum is a place of history, and if done correctly, does not glorify nor honor past sins, but does remind us of the past wrongs and the progress we’ve made. However, changing a ball club’s name is not the same thing. You don’t keep a factually incorrect, ignorant, and offensive and derogatory term as your ball club’s name so you can “remind everyone of past wrongs so we can avoid them.” Again, faulty logic and piss poor analogy (which you poorly drew in the first place). 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. chriswuk
      chriswuk
      (30 years old)
    2. Gero
      Gero
      (78 years old)
    3. nettscore
      nettscore
      (50 years old)
    4. RandMart3
      RandMart3
      (69 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...