IGNORED

New PURE Grip - The PURE Combo

iacas
Note: This thread is 1145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Do you guys think they're "stickier"?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, iacas said:

It feels that way, but it may be more due to the thickness at the +4 end. It doesn’t expand as easily. I tried it on a bare shaft first, and I was a a little harder, but not bad. Then I put two wraps on of Gorilla Tape. That was really hard to get on. It took me 5 minutes.

I took the grip off and put a layer of thin masking tape on top of the G Tape and it was easier. But I still had to work it down in segments. When I set up my midsize Pure DTX with four wraps in the lower section to mimic a +4, it goes one much easier than the Combo.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Pure grips have really good tackiness, so I can't tell if the rubber compound itself is stickier in the Combos. The extra thickness of the rubber in the non-tapered end adds some effort to stretching over the butt of the shaft when installing and grips the shaft tighter when pushing them on. And for me at least, has led to some ballooning removing them.

I pulled the rest of the Combos off my irons last night and every one tried to balloon at the butt end of the grip. After I pulled them off, I added a layer of masking tape on the shaft and reinstalled some of them, and that seemed to help them slide on better when installing, and hopefully will make removing a little less trouble.

I also made a couple DIY Combo-style grips, with a Pure Pro and masking tape build up on the lower end. These went on remarkably easier.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Note: This thread is 1145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!