IGNORED

New PURE Grip - The PURE Combo

iacas
Note: This thread is 1145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJHqUqZlH9F/

For some reason Instagram is screwing up lately, but click on the link and you'll see…

NEW FOR 2021 🎁 We're unwrapping something NEW for 2021! The PURE Combo is the newest edition to the PURE Grips family of golf grips. This reduced taper golf grip features the texture from the popular PURE Pro AND innovative PURE DTX to bring a combination golf grip you will definitely want to get your hands on! ️Available in PURE Black January 4, 2021

That's the text.

132027350_388790002195084_60725653321550

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJHqUqZlH9F/

For some reason Instagram is screwing up lately, but click on the link and you'll see…

That's the text.

132027350_388790002195084_60725653321550

I wrote them last March about whether they are going to do something like this. They told me they were prototyping it. And as a funny coincidence , the rep from Pure had the same name as me.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I’ll stick with DTX. I don’t really care much for the Pro texture.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

And as a funny coincidence , the rep from Pure had the same name as me.

That is a funny coincidence! What are the odds that there is more than one person out there named boogielicious?

• Funny 5

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

It only comes in standard size!😡

Scott

My Swing Thread

53 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It only comes in standard size!😡

I like this idea, but I would also prefer midsized. For now I'll stick with the DTX. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

17 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I like this idea, but I would also prefer midsized. For now I'll stick with the DTX. 

My wish is to not use tape. I’ve been building up tape on the DTX midsize under the right hand to get +4 feel. It is a pain.

Scott

My Swing Thread

30 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

My wish is to not use tape. I’ve been building up tape on the DTX midsize under the right hand to get +4 feel. It is a pain.

Are you still able to blow it on with an air compressor? Or by doing that do you need to use solvent?

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

8 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Are you still able to blow it on with an air compressor? Or by doing that do you need to use solvent?

You can get it on with air, but it’s not as easy. I use masking tape to build up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Gorilla duct tape works well, too. Sticky in the sense that it’s not masking tape on the outside, but still smooth enough for sliding on/off.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I might order a couple of the Pure Combo grips to try out. I like the way midsize grips feel on my trail hand, but prefer regular size for my lead hand, and I don't like messing around too much with layers of tape underneath, so the new model might be a good compromise. My only concern is that I found the DTX texture a bit harsh on my gloveless hands.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• 1 month later...

@Darkfrog,

Did you get any of these? I bought three to try. My impression is mixed. I wish it was all DTX. I built it up with 4 wraps to mimic midsize. One I did with two layers of Gorilla Tape and the other with 4 wraps of grip tape and one masking on top. Tough to get on. Even with four wraps it was still slightly smaller than a Golf Pride MCC+4. When I do 4 wraps plus one masking tape with the DTX midsize, I get very close to the MCC+4.

Scott

My Swing Thread

12 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

@Darkfrog,

Did you get any of these? I bought three to try. My impression is mixed. I wish it was all DTX. I built it up with 4 wraps to mimic midsize. One I did with two layers of Gorilla Tape and the other with 4 wraps of grip tape and one masking on top. Tough to get on. Even with four wraps it was still slightly smaller than a Golf Pride MCC+4. When I do 4 wraps plus one masking tape with the DTX midsize, I get very close to the MCC+4.

I ordered 7 Pure combo grips and they're sitting in my garage waiting for my new irons (4-PW) to put them on. It's been almost 3-weeks since the fitting, so I am hoping they arrive at the fitter soon so I can go collect them. I haven't used MCC +4 for a few years now, but I think the ones I had were standard size, so I'm hopeful the Pure combos will be comparable to the MCC +4. I think I might like that they're only half DTX - the DTX texture really shredded right thumb for some reason (wimpy hands I guess).

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the Pure Combo grips on my new irons last night. Haven't hit any balls yet, but I like how they feel in hand (static) compared to the Pure Pro grips on my old irons.

It's been awhile since I have used a MCC 4+, so I don't remember exactly how they feel, but based on my recollection, I'm not sure if the Pure Combo is quite the same. They feel just a bit skinnier, especially the upper section, but I am only basing this on distant memory. I think I might try one wrap of masking tape underneath on one club and see how it feels.

-Peter

1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

I installed the Pure Combo grips on my new irons last night. Haven't hit any balls yet, but I like how they feel in hand (static) compared to the Pure Pro grips on my old irons.

It's been awhile since I have used a MCC 4+, so I don't remember exactly how they feel, but based on my recollection, I'm not sure if the Pure Combo is quite the same. They feel just a bit skinnier, especially the upper section, but I am only basing this on distant memory. I think I might try one wrap of masking tape underneath on one club and see how it feels.

I measured them to be a bit thinner. Remember with the MCC+4, there is one layer of grip tape, so they are about that amount thicker installed.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just now, boogielicious said:

Remember with the MCC+4, there is one layer of grip tape, so they are about that amount thicker installed.

Good point - I'm going to give the extra wrap of tape a try this afternoon

-Peter

Welp! Planned to try a wrap of masking tape with one club but...

I attempted to blow off the grip on the 7-iron and the lower part of the grip didn't release, causing the upper part of the grip to inflate like a balloon and permanently deform. I didn't try it with any other clubs. I'm going to contact Pure to see what they say.

I wonder if the thicker rubber in the lower part of the grip causes it to grip the shaft more tightly.

-Peter

• Administrator

What PSI did you use? I’ve had grips bubble but never balloon that much because I use short small bursts at ~60 PSI. With my hand around the grip to help pull it/slide it.

Note: This thread is 1145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!