IGNORED

Suddenly Hooking with Hybrids

Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have dropped 5 strokes in the past 3 months and really want to keep the momentum going but i have run into a problem with my hybrids about 50% of the time they are nasty hooks the rest go dead straight, all other clubs in my bag i am hitting better than ever anyone got any suggestions on how to fix it? i used to hit them really well but am slowly loosing confidence in them. I have only recently started using a Driver (used to be 3 wood all the time off the tee) had to adjust my swing off the tee, could that have anything to do with it?

Don't forget that hybrid's are 5 iron length. When you start to hook them it's because you are letting them creep forward in your stance so by the time you reach the ball you've hooded the face. Always play you hybrids with your hands even with your zipper on your pants and you will be fine....bwgolfer

TaylorMade Burner TP 9.5* stiff shaft Driver and Taylormade 15* medal
Cleveland utilities 22*
Taylormade tour prefered irons with rifle flighted 6.0
Taylormade z groove tp wedges 52* and 58*
Rife Antigua blade putterTitlest Pro V1X, Bridgestone 3000s Black

I had the same problem when i first got my hybrid--try playing the ball close to the center of your stance--this promotes the face to be more open than you regulary have...and again--this will help in the feel from adjusting from a 3 wood to an "iron"

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

oh that is a really good tip for me, thanks guys. I have been playing mine way too far forward

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

I was about to add the same thing. Somtimes if I need the loft, I'll play mine a bit forward but then play it another inch or 1.5 inches out away from my body so I have to reach a bit. The problem is that your wrists are used to turning over at a certain point in that club length, and you play forward so your timing is off. Ball position should take care of everything.

-----------------------------------------------------
Driver - MX560 10.5 stiff
Hybrid Tour Edge rescue 18 degree
Irons - Knife 3-PW
Wedge - SV Tour 58 deg.Putter - Harmonized 425 Soft TouchBall - e6+or Feel

I concur. My first though on reading the post was to ask where the ball was in your stance. I will sometimes let the ball creep up in my stance and then here come the hooks.

Don't forget that hybrid's are 5 iron length.

? My 2 and 3 hybrids are longer than my 5 iron and even my 4 iron.

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

? My 2 and 3 hybrids are longer than my 5 iron and even my 4 iron.

guess it depends on the hybrid.

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

Weaker grip. Just guessing.

Thats a great tip...i was thinking that myself..it makes a lot of sense

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!