IGNORED

Does your girlfriend/wife golf?

Wisco-Kid
Note: This thread is 4394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I put the Mrs in Pinehurst golf school about 12 years ago and she has been hooked ever since.She plays one day a week with her girlfriend and one day with me.We will be moving to myrtle next year and will grow old together on the course.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I've never had a good experience taking my past gf's out on the course. One of my girlfriends even laughed when I took my first practice swing, because she thought i was actually trying to hit the ball. So you can imagine how long we stayed on the course.

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

My wife started two years ago. She's still a beginner, but gets very frustrated at her inability to hit perfect shots. She's way too hard on herself.

She is really good about understanding that golf with the guys doesn't include her. She just wants to play with me on weekends after I've played with my friends. It's not bad at all because I get to play 27-36 holes that way. She will get out with one of her friends after work and play as well.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Teaching the gf/wife to golf is blasphemy. All the older guys I see golfing with their sig others look miserable.

Driver: G5 9 Degree w/ Aldila Green Stiff
Irons: i5 Green Dot
Wedge: 588 53 Degree
Balls: NXT Tour

I wish.

In fact, i think it's a catch 22. I dont think i could be with someone who liked golf as much as me.

when would i get my free time??
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

you have a point, but if she doesnt golf and doesnt want to, she would limit your free-time. I played 3 days a week without a gf, and then when she came along, i played once or twice every couple weeks, therefore i separate myself from the golf hater

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Occasionally. During summer months she might play 9 holes with me once a week. 15 years ago she came home from a womens day at our club and announced she'd hit a hole in one. 105 yards with a 7 iron. Heck, I've only made eagle three times.

my wife golfs, she's taking it up for me and she's not too bad. She knows I need to have my golf with the guys time too. A lot of women do hate golf, but the ones willing to try the game for you are worth keeping, and they usually end up loving the game.

Just bought my lady a membership and a new set of clubs. So yes, she WILL be playing! haha... I think it will be a good way to spend time together mainly. We both work a lot and different hours so when time permits golf will be good..

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

yes...I took her out and that was it, for 3 years I couldn't go without her. then, it was like I stabbed her in the heart when I wanted to play with my buddy's. Now I get the (whining vice)
"When do you ever think you will take me golfing again"? I say "soon". Then its the "your just going to golf and come home and take a nap". I say "so what". She says "when are you going to spend time with me"? I say "I'm going hunting next weekend, do you want to go"? She always says "NO"!

In my Procombo stand bag
Fusion FT-3
Fusion FT-3 3 wood
Citation 2 iron from the early 80's
Cronin Tour irons 4 - PW V-foil 56 Vokey wedge 58 Oil canV-foil 60 G2i CRAZ-E ProV1

yup, my girlfriend plays, we get out about 4-5 times a week together. She'll play mid-90s consistently and hits a wicked 240 yard draw off just about ever tee with her new Taylor Made Burner TP driver. If it wasn't for golf, we wouldn't spend any time together!

My fiance does not play golf but she has no problems with me playing. In fact she completely threw me for a loop when she bought me a lob wedge and pitching net for Christmas. I knew she was a keeper then! She does love watching golf with me and is a bigger Tiger Woods fan then me.

I have thought about getting her a starter set and taking her out with me every once in awhile and then I think - golf is my thing. I really enjoy going out with my buddies and playing golf.

So I am very happy with our arrangement.

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

My girlfriend does golf, in fact our first date was on the golf course.

I met her at an engineering professionals happy hour... She asked me if I golfed (I was wearing a Masters polo) and I started "bragging" about my 6 handicap... She then chimes in with "I'm a 3."

She played golf at UCF, and is still around a 4...

We've been together for 2.5 years now, and we play together atleast once a week.

It's a blessing and a curse though... as I really can't use the excuse that I'm heading out to play golf.

We've played in a couple FSGA/FWSGA mixed team championships, and we're practicing right now for the June event in Boca Raton.

My wife does play. She is my partner on our Wednesday night league. She has had the low woman's average the last 3 years in the league. Granted, the competition is not great but she does OK. We have won 3 league titles in the 10 years we have played.

I enjoy playing with her. We try to get out and play on non-league rounds as well.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I have tried and tried to get my wife to play. Unfortunately she just can't pick it up.

She has always just used my clubs though, and I have heard it really makes a difference if a woman uses woman's clubs. I may have to try and find someone with some women's clubs and see if that helps.

Luckily my daughter loves golf so I play with her as much as possible with an 8 year old.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I play golf with my golf friends that are guys. If I went with my gf she would bring her friends so I would be golfing with a sevensome full of ladies that cant golf.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Note: This thread is 4394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!