IGNORED

Handicap Question

rod7515
Note: This thread is 1123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My hdcp is kept at a course I belong to in Maryland but I live in Pennsylvania. Maryland hdcp seaso starts March 15 while Pa starts April 1. If I play in Pa during the march15  thru April 1st do I need to enter those scores into my hdcp or do I wait to enter Pa scores until their official hdcp season starts and just enter my MD scores? 

39 minutes ago, rod7515 said:

My hdcp is kept at a course I belong to in Maryland but I live in Pennsylvania. Maryland hdcp seaso starts March 15 while Pa starts April 1. If I play in Pa during the march15  thru April 1st do I need to enter those scores into my hdcp or do I wait to enter Pa scores until their official hdcp season starts and just enter my MD scores? 

What matters is the golf season where you play, not at your home course.  Take it to the extreme, a player from Florida isn't required, actually not allowed, to post a score he shoots in January while on vacation in Maine.  If Maryland is doing things right, it will not allow you to enter scores played in PA prior to April 1.  Maryland uses GHIN, and GHIN should make sure that out-of-season scores are not entered.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

it will not allow you to enter scores played

Hi Dave, if a user tries to post a score in regions which are closed, won't the software flag an error message?
I never to post during the closed season, but would imagine a user would not be able to post in regions
which are closed. 

I would think when a player selects a course to post a score and that course is located in a closed region,
then it should give an error message.
It most likely should if a user uses the website or Ghin App, IMO.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

35 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Hi Dave, if a user tries to post a score in regions which are closed, won't the software flag an error message?
I never to post during the closed season, but would imagine a user would not be able to post in regions
which are closed. 

I would think when a player selects a course to post a score and that course is located in a closed region,

That's was my impression as well, and I just checked.  I tried to post a score for a random course in PA, and was told by GHIN I could not do it because handicap season had not started in PA.   

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

5 hours ago, Club Rat said:

which are closed. 

I'm not sure about GHIN but I know for a certainty that TheGrint will allow that to happen.   Last year I posted 4 scores after October 31st because we had good weather and I did eventually get an email from GAM telling me I posted scores out of season.   They actually made corrections to TheGrint and changed my rounds to out of season.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Other flags the Ghin system will throw are "duplicate scores and score lower than normal"

I recall playing 36 a few years back and scored the same on both rounds.
I usually post my rounds immediately and when I tried to post the 2nd round, it threw the message

"This may be a duplicate Score" or something to that manner. Do you want to post this score?

And the one I really Luv is the message "This score is lower than normal, do you want to post this score" LOL
One time I accidently entered something like 48 and didn't realize my error.
Luckily I noticed it when the error message came up and made the correction. 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Note: This thread is 1123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!