IGNORED

Kirkland Signature Urethane Cover 3 Piece Ball

Hey All- 

Long time no posting here, but once again injured back and FINALLY back to swinging the clubs after another 2 year layout.  This might be old news since I have been out of it for a while, but yesterday while at Costco noticed a big stack of these golf balls.  

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-3-piece-v2.0-urethane-cover-golf-ball%2c-2-dozen.product.100695987.html

Is this the one everybody was raving about a few years ago that was very similar to the Pro V-1?  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

can't speak for others but I bought them last time and likely would not do so again. There is an excellent chance it is in my head, but I felt like I was 2 clubs shorter with them. There is a pretty recent thread that for a mediocre hacker like me the ball doesn't matter but when I went with the Kirklands, either I consistently hit the ball poorly or else the ball reacted different. Regardless of which, every club would be in the red on golfpad.

1 hour ago, scotth said:

Hey All- 

Long time no posting here, but once again injured back and FINALLY back to swinging the clubs after another 2 year layout.  This might be old news since I have been out of it for a while, but yesterday while at Costco noticed a big stack of these golf balls.  

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-3-piece-v2.0-urethane-cover-golf-ball%2c-2-dozen.product.100695987.html

Is this the one everybody was raving about a few years ago that was very similar to the Pro V-1?  

I found a new one on the course last week and put it in my pocket. A few holes later I hit a drive that I wasn't sure I would find so I called a provisional. I reached in my pocket and pulled the Kirkland. I play AVX's but the caddie was fore-caddying and it was the only ball I had so I teed it up. I will say that I hit it square on the clubface (not necessarily a common occurrence for me) and it went 10-15 yards past my best drive. I may want to give them a try. 

The one that drew all of the attention a few years back was a 4 piece ball.   They sold like hot cakes.   That is why Costco instituted a member only online sales policy.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/12/2021 at 12:18 PM, darthweasel said:

can't speak for others but I bought them last time and likely would not do so again. There is an excellent chance it is in my head, but I felt like I was 2 clubs shorter with them. There is a pretty recent thread that for a mediocre hacker like me the ball doesn't matter but when I went with the Kirklands, either I consistently hit the ball poorly or else the ball reacted different. Regardless of which, every club would be in the red on golfpad.

I felt the same way, I'm trying Vice balls now, we'll see how they feel and react. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.