IGNORED

My Swing (Sinik)

sinik
Note: This thread is 1059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, sinik said:

Yeah I just think it throws me off because of where I horizontally align my two hands when trying the version where I raise my arms first. Makes it awkward for me to move to the intermediate steps before I rotate back. But maybe that's the point, maybe it being awkward for me is a signal of the fact I'm just doing it wrong haha

Maybe.

Make the right change. Which won't be anywhere near full speed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Maybe.

Make the right change. Which won't be anywhere near full speed.

If you oriented a clock where 9 PM is directly left and 3 PM is directly right from your field of view in the first drill (hands up, then turn), are your hands going up to 1 PM?

• Administrator

No. Look, it's pretty simple, and it's been the same thing the whole time:

• Your "shirt seam" is on the side of you. Your "midline" in the "coronal plane."
  • Your sternum is in the front of you.
  • Both of those things move as you turn your torso during your backswing.

You move your trail elbow and trail upper arm too far toward the shirt seam, and it should stay more toward the sternum. It can go up or down, it goes too far around. It starts in front of your sternum, and shouldn't move nearly as far from where it starts as you move it now.

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

57 minutes ago, iacas said:

No. Look, it's pretty simple, and it's been the same thing the whole time:

• Your "shirt seam" is on the side of you. Your "midline" in the "coronal plane."
  • Your sternum is in the front of you.
  • Both of those things move as you turn your torso during your backswing.

You move your trail elbow and trail upper arm too far toward the shirt seam, and it should stay more toward the sternum. It can go up or down, it goes too far around. It starts in front of your sternum, and shouldn't move nearly as far from where it starts as you move it now.

All makes sense, cheers. I was just trying to orient the drill in 3D space. The two arms ultimately work together and if my trail arm/elbow is too far to the side it had me thinking that maybe I’m letting my lead arm get too splayed out flat across my chest in an effort to keep my elbows close together.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, sinik said:

All makes sense, cheers. I was just trying to orient the drill in 3D space. The two arms ultimately work together and if my trail arm/elbow is too far to the side it had me thinking that maybe I’m letting my lead arm get too splayed out flat across my chest in an effort to keep my elbows close together.

Your elbow going around your body too far pulls your left arm too tightly across your chest, yes.

But you can keep your elbows closer together when one doesn't tuck around beside you.

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Your elbow going around your body too far pulls your left arm too tightly across your chest, yes.

But you can keep your elbows closer together when one doesn't tuck around beside you.

So to put it another way, you believe that where I’m putting the vertex of the arm triangle is a byproduct of letting the trail elbow slip too wide and not that the trail elbow slipping is the byproduct itself?

That def helps frame it, or at least focus it. Thanks

Note: This thread is 1059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!