IGNORED

2021 Byron Nelson Tournament

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Boy…Lift, clean and place, soft conditions and no wind. What a miserably boring first round. But here it is.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why not  play the  tournament  on a  putt  putt  course. This  is getting embarrasing on how easy all the  courses are  now. No rough and  it seems every  par 4 is a  par 3 and every par 5 is a  par 4.  Why do they ever do this  lift  clean and cheat  nonsense? Everyone  plays the same  course. Hit the  ball where it  lies. Maybe they can have some  50 yd par  3's with the greens sloped so every shot  rolls  in the cup.

If this were pro baseball they would  have the  hitters be able to select a  practice pitcher to throw  them perfect  pitches to hit  home runs. 40 home runs a game. Ugh

Edited by jxdama

Same dumb schtick since joining.

4 minutes ago, jxdama said:

Why not  play the  tournament  on a  putt  putt  course. This  is getting embarrasing on how easy all the  courses are  now. No rough and  it seems every  par 4 is a  par 3 and every par 5 is a  par 4.  Why do they ever do this  lift  clean and cheat  nonsense? Everyone  plays the same  course. Hit the  ball where it  lies. Maybe they can have some  50 yd par  3's with the greens sloped so every shot  rolls  in the cup.

Because it isn't "lift clean and cheat" it's lift, wipe  a big clump of mud off your ball and place. Occasionally.

"All the courses are easy" are they? Really? All of them?

You are suggesting that the tournament has no credibility because of bad weather over the last few days?

No-one is saying that it makes for exciting golf and the field is weak too, but you're putting blame somewhere where it doesn't belong.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

8 minutes ago, jxdama said:

If this were pro baseball they would  have the  hitters be able to select a  practice pitcher to throw  them perfect  pitches to hit  home runs. 40 home runs a game. Ugh

Yeah. If the ball is embedded fine….but damn…just have them play the damn course. -9? Ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

You are suggesting that the tournament has no credibility because of bad weather over the last few days?

I’m not. I just think it’s a bit much. Relief from embedding is fine. But a little dirt and they’re placing the ball. Scores are just a bit silly today.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

-9? Ridiculous.

Scores are just a bit silly today.

I agree - but it also shows how good they are on courses where it's essentially a game of darts.

If a group of guys went there and played in easier conditions off shorter tees and three of them shot 61 the other guy would think that they were good enough to turn pro. They probably wouldn't be. 

• Funny 1

8 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Because it isn't "lift clean and cheat" it's lift, wipe  a big clump of mud off your ball and place. Occasionally.

"All the courses are easy" are they? Really? All of them?

No-one is saying that it makes for exciting golf and the field is weak too, but you're putting blame somewhere where it doesn't belong.

Bad weather  is a crying shame but  it  happens. Maybe when it rains  at a football game they can make special rules to make sure each QB can throw at  least  6 TD's. Its stupid to use bad weather as an excuse for professional players to be able to score  even lower than the already easy  course allows. Clump of  mud?? OMG!!! Every  player plays the same  course, right? Maybe they are so sensitive and  babied they cant  play unless its  perfect. In football, if its raining or snowing or  its  10 degrees with a  25 mph  wind  blowing they play the  game.

1 minute ago, jxdama said:

Bad weather  is a crying shame but  it  happens. Maybe when it rains  at a football game they can make special rules to make sure each QB can throw at  least  6 TD's. Its stupid to use bad weather as an excuse for professional players to be able to score  even lower than the already easy  course allows. Clump of  mud?? OMG!!! Every  player plays the same  course, right? Maybe they are so sensitive and  babied they cant  play unless its  perfect. In football, if its raining or snowing or  its  10 degrees with a  25 mph  wind  blowing they play the  game.

I know what you're saying, but don't blame the players.

5 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I know what you're saying, but don't blame the players.

Understandable. It wasnt the  players who made things so embarrasingly easy today. Lets hope and  pray at the  PGA championship players are actually  penalized for  not hitting the fairway.

Back to the actual tournament it was nice to see Speith's eagle  on the  last  hole. Also nice to see the  last few tournaments few  if any fans wearing  masks.

• iacas changed the title to 2021 Byron Nelson Tournament

I play golf with a group of guys every couple weeks who are very good players  (some Korn Ferry Tour and some occasional PGA tour champions players). The difference between a really good armature and a guy struggling to make it on the Korn Ferry tour is HUGE. Yeah maybe some of  the courses are playing easier than others but like the commercial used to say....."these guys are really good". 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

14 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

I play golf with a group of guys every couple weeks who are very good players  (some Korn Ferry Tour and some occasional PGA tour champions players). The difference between a really good armature and a guy struggling to make it on the Korn Ferry tour is HUGE. Yeah maybe some of  the courses are playing easier than others but like the commercial used to say....."these guys are really good". 

“These guys are good.” But I know what you mean. I played with a +2 hcp guy and of course he was quite impressive all around. But a couple weeks later I played with a young guy who’s heading off for Korn Ferry qualifier…and damn…this kid was awesome. We just played 9 together and he was working on stuff…but he easily fired a four under. Of course his drives were fun to watch but it was his iron play that was so damn impressive. 

A cut  line  of  -6 is ridiculous. Why doesnt the  course  have any penalties for  missing the fairway? Please for  the  love  of  golf have some rough next week.

Yeah…cut line? Pretty silly. Hopefully there’ll be some moving action on the weekend. Like to see Spieth have a good weekend. Nice to see Sergio tank though.

Well….Spieth had a bit of a mind porking on 15-16. I really hope the course/weather gets some teeth for Sunday. At least it’s not a run away tournament at this time.

Good grief! 25 under. It's nice for KH Lee to have the win but, really? And, DeChambeau finished T-55? HawHawHaw! Maybe he should work on hitting it farther...

For a bit there I thought Lee was gonna get a screw job for his first win. I know the weather affects all the players but damn. Just before the suspension when they hit their tee shots..it was pouring on them. But Lee was clutch on those last few holes. I was pulling for Spieth but always cool to see a guy get his first PGA Tour win.

Note: This thread is 1075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!