IGNORED

Repairing a Hybrid With a Dented Head

Note: This thread is 1124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

(edited)

12 hours ago, tinker said:

Who in the world would buy that, it’s trashed

I did....

and the club works fine.  Much the same reason I can still walk, despite having no toes on the left foot.  I was ready to say "take it off doc, its trashed (the foot that is)."  His response, "Let's see, I think we can do something there."  I trusted his vision for my foot and its healing.  That was 5 years ago and I can do 99% of what I've always done.  I have learned that just because something is less than perfect is no reason to trash.   Then again - one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Edited by WillieT
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You better get it fixed quickly. If you don’t, those Ping turbulators won’t work to give you extra club head speed and ball speed. 😏

• Funny 2

37 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

You better get it fixed quickly. If you don’t, those Ping turbulators won’t work to give you extra club head speed and ball speed. 😏

I am thinking I have the "new, unauthorized by Ping improved turbulators"!   Who knows, it may prevent it from ever slicing or hooking a ball, no matter who's swinging the club....😁

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

8 minutes ago, WillieT said:

I am thinking I have the "new, unauthorized by Ping improved turbulators"!   Who knows, it may prevent it from ever slicing or hooking a ball, no matter who's swinging the club....😁

Challenge accepted, bring it here. 

• Funny 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 9:38 PM, WillieT said:

Update on how the "new, unauthorized by Ping improved turbulators" are working....maybe the "lower deck" is creating ample downforce that is causing the ball to come off the club truer.  All I know is that "trashed" club put the ball within 6' of the hole Saturday on #17, a decent length par 4 for me, that resulted in a birdie.   AND I am sure no one will want to steal such a dented club...😁!  

• Like 1

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

5 hours ago, WillieT said:

Update on how the "new, unauthorized by Ping improved turbulators" are working....maybe the "lower deck" is creating ample downforce that is causing the ball to come off the club truer.  All I know is that "trashed" club put the ball within 6' of the hole Saturday on #17, a decent length par 4 for me, that resulted in a birdie.   AND I am sure no one will want to steal such a dented club...😁!  

If it ain’t broke…I mean, even if it’s broke but works, then don’t fix it! 

On 8/23/2021 at 10:23 AM, WillieT said:

AND I am sure no one will want to steal such a dented club...😁!  

If it hits balls to within 6 feet of the pin, all I need to know is your address and password for your alarm system.  I am on my way for a free club 🤣

• Funny 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

44 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

If it hits balls to within 6 feet of the pin, all I need to know is your address and password for your alarm system.  I am on my way for a free club 🤣

Hear ya!  BTW - the club delivered again yesterday on another par 4.  We were about 160 to the middle of the green, which for me is an easy 4h, and I put the ball about 20’ from the hole, straight uphill putt.  Lag putt to w/in 2’ for par. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Note: This thread is 1124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!