IGNORED

Hybrid Settings Question

Note: This thread is 999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have the swing the 2020 Srixon Z785 clubs. The irons are 3/4” longer than standard while the shafts are an NS Modus 105 stuff for the irons and a lie angle of +1. My driver is a hazardous smoke 5.5 stiff and my 5 wood is a evenflow riptide. Pretty sure my driver and 5 wood are standard length for Srixon.

I’ve got 13 clubs in the bag and I need either a 7 wood, 3H, 4H, a utility iron to fill a gap from 5 wood to 4I. My distant with a 5 wood according to a simulator is about 235 carry off the deck and 245 carry off a tee. 

When If I order a hybrid or utility iron, should the shaft be 3/4” longer than standard and the lie angle be +1 to match my irons or does this club usually follow more along the lines of your driver and woods?

I have a natural cut path and struggle to close the face. Presently, I’m on the PUP list and am hopeful to return to practice and play mid-to-late September. And I’ve got a plan to improve my club face at impact and to create a more neutral path once I get healthy.

7 minutes ago, BallCoach702 said:

When If I order a hybrid or utility iron, should the shaft be 3/4” longer than standard and the lie angle be +1 to match my irons or does this club usually follow more along the lines of your driver and woods?

Why don't you test a couple of different hybrids? That should give you your answer. 

Or... wait for it... you could always get fit for it. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

see my answers below…

1. I did get fitted that’s how I got my iron, wood, and driver…then my supplier changed careers and I’ve gotta go out of town to get fitted. Unfortnately, I couldn’t afford all 14 clubs at one time so I’ve had to buy a few at a time.

2. my question wasn’t should I get a 3H or 4 hybrid…

3. why don’t you be less of an asshole and ….wait for it…just answer the question constructively.

4. if you consider this a studio question or easy answer, why don’t you save your time and not reply and leave me to wait for a reply from some that will actually be helpful. 

12 minutes ago, BallCoach702 said:

my question wasn’t should I get a 3H or 4 hybrid…

And he didn’t say that either. 

12 minutes ago, BallCoach702 said:

why don’t you be less of an asshole and ….wait for it…just answer the question constructively.

Dude, calm down. You don’t know the guy. He said nothing ass-holish. It’s a joke; most people go around asking for one-off advice about golf clubs that are very personal (like you have done). The best piece of advice is what he gave because there is no one-size fits all answer. Go try stuff out, and try not to be so defensive and think people are trying to be an asshole to you. People these days are so sensitive, especially in internet/social media spaces. 

The fact that he said “wait for it” does not evince ass-holery. Rather, it’s an indication that a common response is about to follow (again, see my remark above regarding asking about golf clubs). Or did you not catch that? Instead, you decided to call him a name? That says more about you, dude. 

Edited by ncates00

26 minutes ago, BallCoach702 said:

see my answers below…

1. I did get fitted that’s how I got my iron, wood, and driver…then my supplier changed careers and I’ve gotta go out of town to get fitted. Unfortnately, I couldn’t afford all 14 clubs at one time so I’ve had to buy a few at a time.

2. my question wasn’t should I get a 3H or 4 hybrid…

3. why don’t you be less of an asshole and ….wait for it…just answer the question constructively.

4. if you consider this a studio question or easy answer, why don’t you save your time and not reply and leave me to wait for a reply from some that will actually be helpful. 

I apologize. 

I meant no offense. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Note: This thread is 999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!