IGNORED

Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Note: This thread is 5702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am been using Titleist Pro V1x's as long as they have been out. Before that, it was whatever Titleist's top ball was at the time. I recently got a dozen Bridgestone B330-S golf balls and have heard many good things about them. I was wanting to hear everyone's opinion about these balls. Distance, spin, durability, etc... I have also hit the Taylor Made TP Red and they seem just as good.

Thanks
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

The durability for how soft the B330's are is unbelievable..i dont know how they engineered a cover that is that soft and that durable..The distance is great on them id say slightly below a NXT Tour..They spin a lot....overall they are unbelievable

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I have played them in the past, spin very good, and good distance.

But...I thought they were a little "rocky". Just my opinion.

I'll stick with the Prov1x X outs.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Anyone else have some comparisons??
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

Buddy of mine (4 handicap) swears by them. I've tried them here and there and also really like them from my limited use of them.

But the most interesting thing my buddy told me about them was this: he played in a very high dollar outing at a local private club (TPC Rivers Bend) a couple of years ago. As part of it, they had a very well known PGA pro play with them for a couple of holes. He saw the Bridgestone ball he was using and his comment was "best ball out there". The reason I don't name the PGA player is because he's NOT a Bridgestone endorser; he's signed to another ball contract.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

too soft and not as long as the 330s and proVs, imo. i like proVs better, but i get 330s for free, so thats what i play.

In my x78 stand bag
Driver Tour Burner 9.5 REAX stiff
3 Wood 906F4 15.5 Aldila VS Proto stiff
Hybrid IDEA Pro Gold Matrix Ozik stiff
Irons AP1 4-W DG S300Wedges Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54, V-Foil Tour 60Putter Red X 35"Ball ProV1

• 4 months later...
I bought 12 used and played TWO of them today. Shot the best 18 of my life and really don't think I need to even try anything else... I was STUCK on TP Red Taylormades but the B330-S are my new favorite.

These balls really are NO JOKE

I felt they spun less off the driver(went straighter) stuck well off irons and although not as soft as the TP Reds, still felt pure and rolled true around the greens....

I am amazed.
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

I love them too. I need some more. I've been playing DT Carry's and E6's lately though.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I just updated my signature. I am willing to bet I won't be updating that for a while..... :) lol

ps- 6 over today for me today! wooohoo. I am thrilled. I used to play 9 holes only in high school and shoot in the 30s all day with my ev extra spins...haha. But for 18 holes in the past 7+ years this is my best round.

Maybe it's not the ball. Just sun and moon were aligned right. Or it was putting. Or it was chipping. ok it wasnt the dang ball.........but it was fun!
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)

I can honestly say I've played every "popular" ball out there, even the new Callaway Tour ix that I think just may have come out to the public a few months ago, and I will never play a round without my b330's. Distance, feel, spin (not the b330-s either). My only con, as with every other ball out there, is that it's pretty much rendered useless after a few holes or so.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

I used 2 B330-S balls today through 18 holes and they are both still in fine shape.

And I bought these used so they have already been played before me. These are durable IMHO.
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)

I can honestly say I've played every "popular" ball out there, even the new Callaway Tour ix that I think just may have come out to the public a few months ago, and I will never play a round without my b330's. Distance, feel, spin (not the b330-s either). My only con, as with every other ball out there, is that it's pretty much rendered useless after a few holes or so.

I played with a Prov1 in a tournament the other day all 18 holes. It was pretty durable. No major scuffs or anything.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I was experimenting w/ tour balls a lot earlier this spring, as my game has improved to where I think I now can and want to hit a premium ball. I tried a lot of them but I stuck w/ both Bridgestone's edition of B330. Since I'm a head case, I switch between the B330 and B330S. There might be 10 yards difference in drives, w/ the slightly harder B330 going a bit farther, and there might be a slight difference in softness and workability around the greens w/ the B330S being a bit better for....

Other than those slight differences (to me anyway) they both are awesome balls.

And some of my golf buddies in the know say that they are the only ball that has really closed the gap on the ProV's and might have even caught up...........

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I have yet to play the B330-S.

Why? Because I'm enjoying the B330 and the awesome E5+ too much to think about changing.

The B330 was, I was advised, more firm than the S model. The S should have a bit higher spin rate.

I'm having no problems getting the B330 or E5+ to check up.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Can't leave my Pro V1x's.
And when I run out, I'm going to try the Nike ONE Platinum and Nike ONE Black.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

• 1 month later...
I got a couple of sleeves of B330-S balls today, and absolutely rocketed them off with the driver. They're hotter off the club face than my Pro V1Xs, and even straighter. There's less side spin. In terms of short game, B330-S has a little less spin off the wedges as well. But, it has enough for what I need. I'm still adjusting to the feel of the ball off the putter, I can't say it's better or worse since putting is such a feel thing, and I've been used to my putter+ball combo for a while now. I would have to say, this ball really picks a fight with Pro V1. It's going to be added to my arsenal.

Driver:  R11S 10.5°, Fairway Woods:  909 F2 15.5°, Hybrid:  G10 21°

Irons:  Tour Preferred MC 4-P, Wedges:  Vokey SM 52.08, 56.10, 60.04

Putter:  Tei3 Newport II / Circa 62 #3, Ball:  Pro V1X / NXT Tour

Check it, these are on sale-$29 at edwin watts and other fine retailers as well.
fyi

Great balls! I keep going back to them from others and play better with these.
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)

Note: This thread is 5702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!