IGNORED

PXG 0211 vs Tour Edge Exotic C721

Sapper
Note: This thread is 923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking for a new driver. I currently have a no name 15 year old driver. Just a little about myself, 52, moderate swing speed and a handicap of 20.

The Tour Edge seems like a great driver for a great price. I have seen many reviews and it is comparable to top brands in distance, spin etc. 

Not sure I am being swayed by the low price of the PXG. Seems to good to be true. I have seen the reviews. Seems good. 

Anyone swing these and can give me reviews. Only three dealers for Tour Edge here and PXG it seems you must buy and take a blind swing at liking it. 

thank you 

I have the PXG 0211 driver and I think it’s great. Definitely a fairway finder for me. PXG does have a return policy but I think they charge a “restock” fee. I believe @Vinskuses one as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• iacas changed the title to PXG 0211 vs Tour Edge Exotic C721

I don't have direct experience with either driver but I did read yesterday that the Tour Edge is in heavy use on the PGA Champions tour even among players not signed to Tour Edge. I took that as a pretty strong endorsement of it.

I bought the Wilson Launchpad Driver a few weeks ago it's not terribly expensive , I'm a higher handicap than you but I've liked it so far. It gets the ball in play for me at over 200 yards and I've even used it off the deck a few times from a good lie with success. 

Edited by iacas
just one return between paragraphs please

I noticed that. Never realized it until I started researching it. Went and hit it today. Good driver. Good feel, forgiving and I like the look and sound. 
going back in a day or two to try out the TS1 and 2, sim2 max and epic max. They seem better for slow swing speed players like me from my research. 

You may want to try the Ping G425 too, I am a new player and I don't have a very high swing speed. I got the G425 5 wood last Saturday and I was very impressed. I made several shots over 200 yards with it which is great distance for me. They had a lot of shaft options including light weights and flexes.

I can only imagine the driver is of similar quality with a lot of options.

I bought the 5 wood new but I have bought a bunch of my other clubs noted as 'used' from Second Swing golf and can tell you the ones that had a 9.0 rating still had plastic and had never been used.

I hate to muddy the waters, but you may also want to consider the Cobra Speed Zone? It's uber inexpensive, and still available brand new in a lot of places. Great driver. I have the Rad Speed today, but I don't think you are likely to be able to tell the difference between the two... except for the price. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!