IGNORED

Who's Your Pick for the Stanley Cup?

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Thanks Evgeni Malkin for showing up this series, you might as well sit out game 5.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing in game four. He made a blip of an appearance in game three, and once on the power play in game four. Beyond that...

It's not over, but the fat lady's warming up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Evgeni Malkin for showing up this series, you might as well sit out game 5.

I just wanted to refer everyone to a statement I made a few weeks back about the Wings defense...

I think the Wings defense is too good... they will shut down Sid and Malkin. Lindstrom is going to win yet another Norris and they have Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, and Chelios. The Wings have a defense that is at least one and a half times better than the second best. As long as goaltending holds out they will win the cup.

It was a good year for hockey... I'm sure the Pens will be back... the question I now pose to all you hockey fans is who gets the Con Smythe?

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I called it from game #1 of the 1st round of the playoffs. I'll say it again too.

The Wings OWN the Stanley Cup. Keepin the cup in the USA!!!

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

the question I now pose to all you hockey fans is who gets the Con Smythe?

I am thinking Zetterberg or Osgood.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Is anyone else watching this game? This is incredible! I don't care who wins, but this is so exciting!
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

Triple overtime win!!! Are you kidding me?

LOL I have 2 finals tomorrow too

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I only made it through the first OT period. Was bummed but I couldn't stay up much longer and expect to function well at work.

Was a fun game to watch.....Pens got some lucky bounces.....I guess that's what happens when you play hard. They were leaving it all out there.....with maybe a few exceptions. I just don't understand what Malkin is doing....he seems afraid to shoot or do much of anything the puck. There are still some extremely ill-advised passes being made in the neutral zone (and on the occasional "rush") and there seem to be some shifts where they were just waiting for the puck rather than going after it. Outside of that, Fleury is playing out of his mind and the "other" guys are coming up in a big big way!

Detroit is amazing to watch!

That game was probably in my top five as most entertaining. Fleury's saves were incredible. If Pitt ends up winning, Fleury is MVP of the playoffs. That game would have been over without his stellar play.

Detroit looks really good though. Pittsburgh never seemed to really control the play like detroit was doing throughout the game. Cant wait for game 6.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

That game was probably in my top five as most entertaining. Fleury's saves were incredible. If Pitt ends up winning, Fleury is MVP of the playoffs. That game would have been over without his stellar play.

For sure!

Detroit looks really good though. Pittsburgh never seemed to really control the play like detroit was doing throughout the game. Cant wait for game 6.

Detroit is dominating almost every aspect of each game....even the ones they've lost. Just bad bounces for them in those two games (one off of Osgood's back and one off of Kronwall's stick).

A banner that is hanging in downtown Picksburgh:

That banner is great... I want it

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Some thoughts from a die-hard Pens fan after last night's game...

I've said it before, but man Detroit is good. It just looks like they have 6 or 7 guys on the ice all the time.

Malkin needs to WAKE UP! I really hope he's nursing some injury that they won't talk about because if his only excuse is that he's tired I'll lose a lot of respect for him...and I don't want to do that. He needs to look no further than Malone and Gonchar when the team gets together today. The season has been reduced to no more than 2 games. It's time to suck it up no matter how tired you are. I mean Gonchar could barely get himself over the boards and onto the ice for that final power play after slamming into the end boards in the 2nd period, but he did it and he played an important role when they needed him the most. Then you have Malone who, with his already busted nose, takes a laser to the face but comes back at the start of the 3rd (cleaning blood out of his nose between every shift), plays hard and continues to create traffic in front of the net for 3.5 more periods of hockey! It's the Stanley Cup Finals and the end of the season is in sight win or lose. Time to stop whining about being tired and play like you want to win this thing!!!

If we didn't know it already, Fluery is coming out! He has looked incredible throughout the playoffs and if it wasn't for him, this series would already be over. This could be one of the best playoff performances by a goalie we've seen in quite some time.

In order to win this thing (Pens)...

#1. Fleury will have to keep standing on his head

#2. We need to focus on getting the puck deep and playing scrappy. Detroit's defense is too good to spend the game trying to dance around guys or make cross rink passes looking for the pretty goals.

#3. Certain players (Geno) need to find a way to dig deep and put aside the pain and fatigue to play inspired hockey for two more games!
In My Bag ( Superlight 3.5):

Driver: 9.5* Burner SuperFast, Matrix Ozik XCon 4.8 Stiff
Fairway Woods: Steelhead III, Uniflex Steel (3w, 5w)
Hybrids: Big Bertha Heavenwood 4H, Uniflex SteelIrons: Victory Red Full Cavity, Stiff (5-AW)Wedges: WALTER HAGEN,...

Fleury had his best game as a Penguin last night IMO. His toe save was unreal -- Malone must be a warrior to come back from that puck smooch. Just a great game.

Old time hockey! Eddie Shore....

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Great game. I am dragging A$$ right now. My 10 year old stayed up and watched the whole thing with me. Solid, but did not want to get up for school today. For some reason I just knew the Wings were going to give up that last minute goal. It is so tough to play 6 on 5. If it's a power play there is no icing and there is more room to move the puck and skate. With 6 guys out there it's too tough.

Oh well, at least my Wings in 6 will end up being right.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I read yesterday the ratings were the best since the 2002 Stanley Cup Finals, and they were up a lot from last year's game 5. That's good news for the NHL, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before more networks jump back in the NHL sweepstakes. I don't follow the league religiously, but I do enjoy a good hockey game here and there. I was happy to see the ratings were so much better than last year.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I read yesterday the ratings were the best since the 2002 Stanley Cup Finals, and they were up a lot from last year's game 5. That's good news for the NHL, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before more networks jump back in the NHL sweepstakes. I don't follow the league religiously, but I do enjoy a good hockey game here and there. I was happy to see the ratings were so much better than last year.

That is good news for the league. They need to make sure next year the first two games are not on VS. I watch every year, even if the Wings aren't in it. Last years numbers were bad because it had two teams that most of the US was not interested in. Anaheim was not a sexy team and most Americans could not find Ottawa on a map. This was a dream match up for the league. One of the most popular teams in Detroit and Sid the Kid. The hockey has been great. One of the big complaints that the average sports fan does have with the NHL is the total lack of consistency in officiating. This series it has been absolutely awful.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

One of the big complaints that the average sports fan does have with the NHL is the total lack of consistency in officiating. This series it has been absolutely awful.

Yep. Babcock made that abundantly clear yesterday in his ritual presser. We'll see if anything changes tonight, which I doubt.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!