IGNORED

is marihuana a performance enhancer for your golf?

ganjagolfer
Note: This thread is 5859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

-you cant say that marijuana is anywhere near as dangerous as alcohol...i dont care if it is illegal or not--the tour is being very hypocritical here by screening for marijuana

Some of your post really astonish me. Are you suggesting that marijuana is not harmful? It is illegal and this thread is not about whether alcohol and nicotine are a more serious public health issue. Obviously they are. What message do you think the tour would be sending by allowing a drug which causes brain damage. If that's being hypicriticval, so be it. And your little note about spin and distance and wedges is a joke, isn't it? If not, I suggest a basic course in physics.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of your post really astonish me. Are you suggesting that marijuana is not harmful? It is illegal and this thread is not about whether alcohol and nicotine are a more serious public health issue. Obviously they are. What message do you think the tour would be sending by allowing a drug which causes brain damage. If that's being hypicriticval, so be it.

marihuana is less adverse to the health than alcohol but yes, intake can be damaging. since the pga tour often has beer or liquor advertisements on tv or various print media covering golf or some pros smoke cigs while playing or cigars are associated with golfing, they are being hypocritical, what to speak of the junk food being promoting on tv ads during pga tournaments as this is truly associated with the health crisis in america now of obesity. the pga has just jumped on the moral tirade against marihuana that has more to do with fantasy than it does fact

if the pga is so concerned about the adverse health benefits of marihuana, they should be promoting healthy organic pot brownies which will not have the negative adverse affects of inhaling smoke. one way they could do this, besides having the so politically incorrect winning of a gas guzzling suv for closest to the pin, which is really and truly unhealthy since maintenance and preservation of the ecosystem is necessary for our survival and living as the gas guzzlers are negatively impacting our health, the pga player who is closest to the pin wins a platter of organic pot brownies and they feature the recipe of the brownies when the platter is awarded. as for the few folks here who mentioned "its against the law" like because its the law, i should respect that law, i say "poppycock". our country was founded on the principle against tyranny's imposing of laws against our self interest and input, namely "taxation without representation". some here clearly are not aware of the political tyranny that has gone into our marihuana legislation that only on superficial levels had to do with it being a mood alterer (i shy from the word intoxicant cuz there is nothing toxic about thc) which was greatly exaggerated by such propaganda films as "reefer madness" which were created to make marihuana illegal. the importance of marihuana is hemp or industrial hemp used to make twine, paper, golf slacks and shirts. dupont corporation, mellon bank and the hearst corporation successfully manipulated the media and congress into making it illegal for their commercial interests. yes, we have a so-called democratically elected government but i have no sympathy for laws that are passed for reasons of greed and manipulation by large corporate entities who subvert the democratic process. it is in short, just another "taxation without representation" and for those of you who are patriots, you will be going to the "boston tea party" and not following idiotic laws just cuz they are laws. this country was founded on the principle of all men (and now all women) not being ruled by tyranny

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Marihuana is widely accepted alternative spelling.

"marihuana" is what was made illegal. many farmers were growing hemp for industrial purposes only to find out it was now illegal during the criminalization period as they had no idea it was that

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

OK, I'm all against drugs, whether it is weed, crack, heroin, etc.. I've never touched the stuff and never will. It's kind of required in my line of work

anybody see something wrong with this picture?

"i'm against all drugs" "we had been drinking a few beers" ... beer is a drug

anybody see something wrong with this picture?

Hey ganja, scroll up a few post and see that I clarified that statement with "illegal" drugs. I did forget to include that in my original post. EDIT: I just noticed you changed my quote. I said "I'm all against drugs" and you quoted me as saying "i'm against all drugs". I guess you had been smoking a little too much trying to do a quote I'm laughing, but please do not change my words. Beer is legal. Pot is not. If they make it legal then you can smoke it as much as you want in front of me. Until then, well, guess what, you had better do it in private Now, why don't you reread my post and see that I was trying to tell a story that was ON TOPIC, but I didn't want to advocate smoking the stuff.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey ganja, scroll up a few post and see that I clarified that statement with "illegal" drugs. I did forget to include that in my original post.

sorry for the misquote, actually not high now, if i had some performance enhancing pot, i wouldn't of made that mistake

still even in my error the difference is contextual, "i'm all against drugs" is very close to being "i'm against all drugs" seems with both is the recognizing that the alcohol in beer is a drug and wouldn't be consumed it was a nice story, thank you

still even in my error the difference is contextual, "i'm all against drugs" is very close to being "i'm against all drugs"

That sounds like a nighmare SAT question!

That, and if you add my forgotten "illegal" into both statements it probably makes more sense.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is one of those discusions that will never end. The people for legalization are not going to all of a sudden put down their pipes and back away and the anti-drug people are not going to start taking bong tokes and watching The Wall. Arguments can be made that pot is not harmful in moderation, just like you can make for alcohol. The key as always is moderation. Since marijuana is, as of right now, still illegal there are fewer studies on the long term health effects on humans. There is far more information about the damaging effects of alcohol and tobacco because they are much more widely used. This is likely because they are legal. Right or wrong I can go to the store right now and buy a case of Bud and a pack of Malboros and have myself a nice old time. As long as I don't get in my car there is nothing anyone can do. If I roll a splif and happen to get pulled over for failing to come to a complete stop at a blinking red light and the cop finds my weed, I'm going to jail. Even if I did not smoke it.

I will state again that I don't care who smokes pot. I don't anymore because I never really liked it. I won't judge anyone who does. I have friends that smoke. I do have to laugh when I hear people say it's not bad for you or it's not addictive. You can tell that to my father. He smoked all day, every day. He tried to use it to keep his mood level but it lead to major depression. Yes, weed is a depressant. It may make you feel good for a while, but it ultimately gets lower. He got to where he could not come out of the house without it. It cost him his career, his marriage to my mom and a lot of time with his grandkids. It also almost cost him his life. He hit rock bottom about 5 years ago and in the depths of his depression cut both of his wrists. He was lucky and is alive today. He is clean now and lives with my mom again. He is a different person and I'm glad my kids got the chance to get to know him.

The PGA Tour, nor any other professional sporting organization, should be expected to say even though it's illegal you can still smoke pot. When Nino Brown starts buying advertising during PGA Tour events, they may change their mind. Until then it is still illegal and there would be no reason not to have it on the banned list. If Tiger got busted with a bag, you can bet the press would go apesh** and the Tour would have a mess on their hands.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

pretty sure its spelled marijuana.

I'm a rule of law kind of guy. Pot is illegal, so you should be prepared to take the consequences if you indulge. That said, I think the criminalization of narcotics hasn't done far more harm than good to this country, and in my opinion all drugs should be legal, taxed and the $ we spend on prosecution, enforcement and incarceration should be spent on education, prevention and counseling.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

and in my opinion all drugs should be legal, taxed and the $ we spend on prosecution, enforcement and incarceration should be spent on education, prevention and counseling.

All drugs? I think it is wrong for anyone to make money off of heroin addicts. Do you really want the government to become drug lords?

I don't see how a plant made by god could be made illegal by humans today, even cocaine. I don't smoke anything by the way. I think the Gov't should tax all this stuff(have it at drug stores, etc), they would be able to make a metric shit ton off of these drugs all the while eliminating all the drugies in the world due to OD'ing, etc.

Then make it all illegal on the PGA tour (or Sports in general, and call if performance enhancers)) so we don't have to have these discussions about why you can have alcohol and not weed.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

I don't see how a plant made by god could be made illegal by humans today, even cocaine.

Hmmm...

If you actually believe that there are no man made additives (harmful chemicals) that give people a "high" than you are misinformed. Yes, even marijuana... and cocaine is a no brainer.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I never said there wasn't additives in these plants.

Isn't weed legal in Canada?

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

I never said there wasn't additives in these plants.

Well then it's not natural. Besides, natural things can hurt you... they can kill you depending on what it is. Just because something was made at one time by "mother nature" doesn't mean that it is safe to eat/smoke/sniff/drink/etc...

And no, weed is illegal in Canada and rightly so. Can you imagine if weed was legalized and then all of a sudden there were nurses/doctors/police officers/judges/etc.. etc... smoking it on their breaks? Wow, that would be bad. Drugs effect some people in different ways than others but the majority of people who smoke pot have slower reaction times, delayed thought, emotional detachment or the opposite, and are easily confused. Some people would turn from cigarettes to pot and from pot to other drugs. Some people might think that I am making this into a bigger deal than it should be but those people would be wrong and don't think ahead. Maybe legalization would cut down on some of the crime rate (like 1% tops) and maybe the government would be collecting more money, but as far as long term goes you are only creating more addicts and more people that "just don't give a f***". Making pot or any other current illegal drug legal is a bad idea. They are illegal for a variety of reasons.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

All drugs? I think it is wrong for anyone to make money off of heroin addicts. Do you really want the government to become drug lords?

They are already. Just different drugs... painkillers, alcohol, tobacco, etc...

I think the negative effects of criminalization are far more heinous and costly than any shallow and misguided moral victory we gain by telling people 'thou shalt not do drugs' - gang violence, crime, costly incarceration of people who would be more productive left in society, the wasted space those people take up in prisons and jails that should be used for real criminals, etc. etc. Drug abuse will cost our society either way we go about it. I think it will cost us much less if we approach the problem from a compassionate and benevolent stance, rather than from a condemnatory and punitive one. ANWAY... I don't think pot is a performance enhancer. When I was much younger I twice attempted rigorous outdoor activities while stoned: downhill skiing and mtn biking, and while I had a good time - I was certainly much better at those activities sober -- in fact I almost killed myself on the mtn bike doing a very technical, narrow trail along a river canyon.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Note: This thread is 5859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!