IGNORED

Driving Range Competition

CamGOLF101
Note: This thread is 758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Guys,

Can anyone answer some questions I have in regarding setting up a driving range competition?

Has anyone ever taken part in one?

How much did it cost?

Could you enter multiple times?

thanks

12 minutes ago, CamGOLF101 said:

a driving range competition?

I have no idea what that is.

200.gif.97c62e53158b0200e557b0de24389d44.gif

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Would you have access to the entire driving range for the competition and can you put up a few targets on the range.  If so, you could do something similar to a topgolf range where you have specific targets to hit.  A five yard circle 50 yards away, etc.  Or a target with points from 1 to 10.

Essentially you are limited by your creativity in the targets you design for target golf

• Thumbs Up 2

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

19 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

Would you have access to the entire driving range for the competition and can you put up a few targets on the range.  If so, you could do something similar to a topgolf range where you have specific targets to hit.  A five yard circle 50 yards away, etc.  Or a target with points from 1 to 10.

Essentially you are limited by your creativity in the targets you design for target golf

Thanks mate, think this is the one!!

How appealing is this to the golf crowd? I'm fairing new to the community.

As professional long driving tournaments, let say you have 16 players.
You can either make random brackets of 4 and only the top 2 of each bracket advances to the next round. You have to set a number of balls, a time to hit them, a minimum carry distance and a width for the fairway. All 4 players of the bracket hit balls at the same time (different ball color for each one, or at least something in the ball to recognize the owner)

Also, if you have a lot of players let say 45, in order to start the elimination process with 16 o 32 players, make a 1st round where all of the players hit their balls in groups of 4 and let the top 16 or 32 advance to the next round.  

• Like 1

Other ideas:

• Fasten a target on the ball picker (assuming it has proper protection for the operator) and have it run across the range at varying distances and speeds for different point values
  • Trash cans with marked balls for different point values
  • "Big Break" cellophane window smashing

As far as interest...probably not for me but I might attend if friends were going or my wife asked. You are probably right that Topgolf/full bar enthusiasts would be highly interested.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 4:49 PM, p1n9183 said:

As professional long driving tournaments, let say you have 16 players.
You can either make random brackets of 4 and only the top 2 of each bracket advances to the next round. You have to set a number of balls, a time to hit them, a minimum carry distance and a width for the fairway. All 4 players of the bracket hit balls at the same time (different ball color for each one, or at least something in the ball to recognize the owner)

Also, if you have a lot of players let say 45, in order to start the elimination process with 16 o 32 players, make a 1st round where all of the players hit their balls in groups of 4 and let the top 16 or 32 advance to the next round.  

Thank you for your help mate!!

Note: This thread is 758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!