IGNORED

Have You Ever Played a Round With a Drone Trailing You?

nevets88

So I'm reading the golf subreddit, which I haven't been doing that much, and there's a post where this guy played with someone who had a drone following them the whole round. Has anyone ever have this happen to them? There must be rules for this at semi privates and big municipals.

Here's the post

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last year we were playing Snow Hill Country Club in New Vienna, OH. We could hear the constant hum of a drone and it was kind of annoying. Eventually the operators drove over to us and said they were recording for the course and wanted some action shots and asked if they could follow us for a hole.  We agreed, but it was more than a little distracting.  I hit a less than stelllar shot that I will blame on the drone that sounded like it was just over my head like a giant mosquito. I am certain they don't want to publish that video of me. I am not sure what caused all the other less than stellar shots that day.

War Eagle!

2 minutes ago, The Flush said:

Last year we were playing Snow Hill Country Club in New Vienna, OH. We could hear the constant hum of a drone and it was kind of annoying. Eventually the operators drove over to us and said they were recording for the course and wanted some action shots and asked if they could follow us for a hole.  We agreed, but it was more than a little distracting.  I hit a less than stelllar shot that I will blame on the drone that sounded like it was just over my head like a giant mosquito. I am certain they don't want to publish that video of me. I am not sure what caused all the other less than stellar shots that day.

I wouldn't think the drone would be any more annoying than a greens mower or fairway mower. I've had them around me often. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I wouldn't think the drone would be any more annoying than a greens mower or fairway mower. I've had them around me often. 

I think you have found the cause of my other less than stellar shots. 😀

Mowers don't tend to bother me, but they also don't feel like they are over my head.

Looking at the course flyover videos on their webpage, they might have video of us in carts, but they were wise enough to edit out any actual shots. It is hard to tell if that is our group or not on the one hole that I know the were filming us.

War Eagle!

1 hour ago, The Flush said:

I think you have found the cause of my other less than stellar shots. 😀

Mowers don't tend to bother me, but they also don't feel like they are over my head.

Looking at the course flyover videos on their webpage, they might have video of us in carts, but they were wise enough to edit out any actual shots. It is hard to tell if that is our group or not on the one hole that I know the were filming us.

The key here is you need to look up and flip off the drone.  Otherwise take out your 60 degree wedge and see if you can hit the drone.  Have contests with your partners...  😄