IGNORED

Do you buy golf balls?

Note: This thread is 5820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you buy golf balls?

• Always
    • Never
    • Sometimes

Just wondering how many of you guys out there buy your own golf balls, and how many just play the ones you find.

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

usually buy some decent balls at the begining of the season, then as i pick more up, i find what i like, and then if i really, really like em, i will buy a box, but that is a rare occasion.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I buy them. I don't even play with the ones I buy after they get all beat up, why would I wan't to use someone else's castaways? Though it probably wouldn't adversly impact my scores, lol.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I buy them when I see them on sale or I see High Number PV1's, V1x's, etc.

I bought about 4 dozen of last years Nike One Platinum for $25.99/doz., so I've been playing with those lately.

I do play with balls I find as long as they are in good shape.

I get a lot of balls for free also. Logo'ed balls from a friend of mine who has cases of them from his office. Today I went to his kid's 1st bday and he gave me 3 dozen V1x's with logos on them.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

I'll use any ball that I find, although in competition I usually buy some new balls.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I buy the balls I use,just a thing I have in my head that new balls give me a better feeling when Im teeing off.Any I pick up on the way round I put in the bag and when Ive got 20 or so use them for warm up on the range.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

I almost never play balls i find unless I'm playing really really really bad.

I find that playing the same ball over and over again has made my short game much more consistent.

Driver SS 93-95mph
6 iron SS 77-80mph

Driver: Burner 9.5 S
3 Wood: G10 SIrons 3-pw: MP-57 Dynalite Gold SL S300Wedges: 52 and 56 CG12 60 X- Forged CG/MDPutter: TiffanyBall: NXT TourI have no brand loyalty

it is rare that I find a ball good enough to use... but I do have two bags of balls I found last year sitting in the corner (shag balls). This year I bought 7 dozen at the begining of the year... NXT tours... at 7.99 a dozen or some such price. I will probably do something similar next year or when I run out... look for a ball I like that is on sale and just buy several dozen.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

This is something I have never understood.

For example: I have spent over $1,000 on my set of clubs. Another $100+ for the bag and another $100 for shoes. Add some more various accesories and clothing in there and before I'm even to the course I have $1500+ in golf "stuff".

So when it comes to my golf ball, why should I cheap out? What's another $25-30 for a dozen good golf balls? They'll last me 8-10 rounds. 10 rounds of golf is going to cost $350-400 on average anyhow. Not too mention any food or beverages the course gouges you for.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

it is rare that I find a ball good enough to use... but I do have two bags of balls I found last year sitting in the corner (shag balls). This year I bought 7 dozen at the begining of the year... NXT tours... at 7.99 a dozen or some such price. I will probably do something similar next year or when I run out... look for a ball I like that is on sale and just buy several dozen.

Where'd you get NXT Tours for $7.99 a dozen??

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I am a ball stasher. I will buy different brands of the same type of ball or load up on various balls from the same manufacturer.

I almost never buy them at regular price. There are just too many options when it comes to finding reduced prices or mint quality balls at really cheap prices.

I must have about 500-600 balls in the closet. When my friends come over, those that play golf are welcome to help themselves.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I bought 4 doz. Pro V1x and 4 doz. Bridgestone B330s last January in our pro shop that they were trying to get rid of. Crazy low price that I couldn't pass up. Should last for a while.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

i buy, i think for my brain game it helps

Whats in my bag

Irons 2-pw mp-32 s300

fairway wood big bertha fusion 3+ 13* aldila nvs 55-sDriver 440sz 7.5* gs-6 s-flexwedge 56* SI beryllium wedge 52* MP seriesball hx tourputter hummmm

Like a few people have all ready said, I too usually find a good deal on Nike One's and buy a few dozen. I usually give the ones I find to a couple of my buddies who have just started playing so they don't have to keep buying them all the time.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Where'd you get NXT Tours for $7.99 a dozen??

They were mint refinished balls... but no complaints so far and I've been playing them for about 11 rounds. I even saved a couple new ones just so I could compare whether of not they lost distance or spin, and they seem to be performing the same (tested this on a day when the course was fairly empty earlier this year). I think I would buy them again if I could find them.

got them from http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/ ...but they seem to be out right now.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I usually buy Pro V1 (mint but used and preferably no logo).

I also buy some new one (Pro V1) when I find them on sale...

Like somebody said, I spend so much money on equipment, membership and green fees, balls are just part of it....
If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

I always buy them new. January I bought 6 dozen B330s from my local pro shop that had them at a insane low price that was to good to pass up. I cant recall the price, but I want to venture to say around 15-20 for a dozen.

My dad has a 10 gall. tubs of balls filled to the brim with lost golf balls. We lived on the 13th fairway, to where if you hit an errant shot to the left your ball was almost destined to land in our yard. We didnt bother to mow a great deal considering every week you could find about 40 or 50 balls in the yard.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Note: This thread is 5820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!