IGNORED

Posted rounds in GHIN system... Bull ????

Rafcin
Note: This thread is 6464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

browsing the net I stumbled across the GHIN website ( www.ghin.com ) to verify my "end of the season" index... when I noticed on the first page the "most round posted" listing. In the "Seasonal" section (vs. "year-round") the top listing is :

432 John Furin Minnesota GA

Assuming his "season" is 12 months... here are the averages:

- 36 rounds a month
- 8.57 rounds a week
- 1.22 rounds a day

This will add up to 432, if he played 1.2 rounds a day 365 days of the year.

Am I missing something or is that a complete B.S. ???

I played 112 rounds this year and almost got fired and divorced (not necessery in this order ).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sounds like a load of poop to me.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

If what this guy did say is not a load of poop then he has some serious compulsive behavior to sort out. I'm sure we could get a grant from somewhere to fund our study of him.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator

It's worth pointing out that the 2003 Golf Nut of the Year , Bob Fagan, probably played twice as many rounds last year as this guy.

Does seem kinda odd, given his "Seasonal" listing and the fact that he's in Minnesota. Maybe he's putting in the rounds he plays on Tiger Woods on his PS2.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Minnesota appears to be the town name in GA.

I have seen some retired members at clubs play 36 holes a day for the entire summer in NH and then do the same thing at their club in the winter in FL. The two guys at the club in NH played 36 rain or shine from June-Oct every Weekday and many Saturdays as well. We have one member here that has done the same everyday since the club opened 11/22. Not bad if you can get away with it...

• Administrator

Indeed. As a kid, I'd often play a minimum of two rounds a day. Sometimes three. Always walking, too.

We were nuts. I'd get dropped off at the course at 8 or 9am, get picked up at 8 or 9pm.

I'd look forward to retirement more if I didn't have to be too old to play really good golf to do it. So, I will just try to make a few million bucks so I can retire at 35.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't know.. you have to be a helluwa athlet to handle it. I'd have to buy a chiropractor clinic if I tried
I can imagine going for a month, two even three playing 2 rounds a day. That still puts you only at 180 rounds. You still have 250 to go in 9 months.... I'm not buying it.
ok, maybe the real reason is that I'm jeleaous

I consider myself a fanatic and I played 153 rounds last year.I think I smell a rat.!!!!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• Administrator
I plan to play about 100 or so this year. But new wife, new kid... I'll only get to 100 because I work for myself.

• 1 year later...
It's true, I just saw a TV special on this guy. I think he played even more in '05. Hey, he's retired and has a 'girlfriend' of 29 years! She was quoted as saying, "How can you take away something from someone who loves it so much?" Great gal if you ask me. The TV spot showed him getting up at 3:30am!! to start playing. He has lights on his cart, but I still don't understand how he finds the ball. I'm sure it doesn't go too far, but that's crazy. So then some other guys join him around 5:30 or 6 am. Then he keeps friggin playing, eating peanut butter sandwiches!! Yeah, he's compulsive. He played that day til about 8:30pm. About 81 holes. That's how he does it. All in about 6-7 months a year. Check it out...

http://www.hibbingmn.com/dailytribun...tory_id=207371

http://www.hibbingmn.com/dailytribun...tory_id=208630

I play almost every day. In the summer at least 18, sometimes 27. On the weekends, I normally play 18 early and come back to play 18 late in the day. I never have figured up how many rounds that works out to, but I suspect I play around 300 per year. So... 432 is not impossible.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Note: This thread is 6464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!