IGNORED

Congratulations Trevor. . zzzzzz

g-funk13
Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree. Why don't any of the South Africans have any personality whatsoever outside of Gary Player. Come on guys. Show some fire. Give me one freakin' reason to cheer for you other than the fact that you are nice guys with good games. Another glaring reason Tiger is so popular. He shows emotion. He is not just another robot.

I kind of agree with some other posters... Player doesn't have all that much personality. I don't think players really need to be manufacturing reasons for us to cheer for them... but maybe now people will know a little more about Trevor (like we do about Zach) and that will give us reasons to either root him on or not. Either way, he played some great golf, but the result of such was a somewhat boring finish.

I'd much rather see a reserved type like Trevor than a loudmouthed idiot like Rory Sabbatini. Did you see his wife at the Par 3 presentation? She looked like Courtney Love on crack.

nice... I wonder if she has Coutney's personality to boot... they would mesh nicely.

The final round was quite boring, but in my opinion the third round was very entertaining,

The third round was by FAR the most exciting (although disappointing... Phil). I was very impressed with Brandt and Trevor on Saturday, and there was a lot of shuffling.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I missed something, but who gives a crap about how exciting a golfer is? The last time I checked, the winning golfer is the person who takes the least amount of shots to play a tournament. The winning golfer isn't always meant to be the most exciting. Trevor Immelman played beautifully this past week, and he deserved to win. I could care less if he was the most outspoken guy or not. He let his shots do the talking, and that's all that matters. I'm a fan of the game, and I enjoy watching the shots, not the reactions from players before or after shots.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I'm a fan of the game, and I enjoy watching the shots, not the reactions from players before or after shots.

I don't think people are talking about how boring or exciting Trevor is, Cody, but rather how boring or exciting the tournament was.

It was boring. Frankly, had I not been doing the live blog and without a podcast to do and a golf site to run, I'd have switched over to NHL hockey right after Tiger missed his putt on 13. Boring. And I suspect even you would prefer an exciting tournament with good golf from several players over a boring tournament with good golf from one player.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

But thats how it is sometimes- the fact that it was 'boring' from a spectators' point of view is in a way testament to Trevor Immelmann's play- apart from the mistake on 16, he was pretty solid throughout with no real thrills and spills...that is major championship form and to lead from the start of the tournament and not be overtaken has not been done since Raymond Floyd won there many moons ago.

I agree it was a boring final round, but I dont really watch much golf on TV to begin with. After tiger missed the short birdie putt on (i guess it was 12) I switched it off and did something else. I didnt know who actually won until this morning, but I didnt think anyone was going to catch Immelman with the way he was playing.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Yeah, tiger couldn't putt this masters, only decent putt he made was on the last day, 18th hole, and you could see how annoyed he was when he did that if you see him on video.

Funniest moment I felt was when watching the masters but with the UK commentry, when Immelman hit his 2nd on the 18th hole last day someone yelled the usual "GET IN THE HOLE!" and the commentator said "oh shut up!"...that's what everyone was thinking.

Well done to Immelman though, very nice guy and played fantastically.

I know a couple of people who regullary fall asleep while watching golf on TV (different timezone here - that helps to simmer off).

For my part, when i want to get a bit more excitment i just wager a bit of money on the outcome and it keeps me way more intrested even if the outcome is pretty clear - you never know what can happen....

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I don't think people are talking about how boring or exciting Trevor is, Cody, but rather how boring or exciting the tournament was.

Exactly. I don't think Immelman is boring at all. You can't be joking or even smiling when you've got golf to play. The golfing gods will see that and punish you. And even though he showed no emotion except maybe constipation, they punished him anyway on 18 with the drive in the divot, as Faldo noted. No, the Masters is boring because it has been made boring. If you want to watch players trying to 2-putt from fifty feet all day, fine. When friends say it's boring to watch, I have to agree, because every big tournament has to be "GRUELLING". I am sick of GRUELLING. The USPGA is the only major that hasn't dug itself into a hole and can experiment with different courses, different setups, etc. They have an excellent oppurtunity now to move up into the big 3, at the Masters' expense, I'm afraid.

"That's Golf!"

on 18 with the drive in the divot

That looked like a pretty nasty divot, and I for one was wondering where the ball was going to shoot out of that divot. Immelman hit a good shot to not only hit the green there, but to also have a shot a birdie. Just when you think he should have things wrapped up pretty easily (after hitting his drive in the fairway on 18 with a three shot lead) things looked a lot more complicated when they showed the ball in the divot. That was suspenseful, which made it exciting, and not zzz... as the original poster stated.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

It must say something that I got out and played golf on Sunday instead of watching. Came in the clubhouse at the turn and saw Trevor tee off on 18. The Masters just isn't the same as it used to be, the course changes have changed the atmosphere of the tournament for me.

Is Tiger getting the Nicklaus syndrome of believing he is entitled to win the majors and everyone should get out of his way as he passes them on Sunday? Playing very conserative the first two days . . . that's how you come in second so many times like Jack. So far Tiger has avoided that arrogance and tried to blow the field away from the start, but he is showing signs.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

It must say something that I got out and played golf on Sunday instead of watching. Came in the clubhouse at the turn and saw Trevor tee off on 18. The Masters just isn't the same as it used to be, the course changes have changed the atmosphere of the tournament for me.

Just a thought - is it me, or were the really tough pin placements historically on Friday, to weed out the not-going-to-win-ers, with a bit easier on Saturday and the opportunity for the birdiefest in the cauldron of pressure on the Sunday?

Personally, I think slightly easier pin placements would make for a better spectacle on Sunday.

Trevor Immelman is the Zach Johnson of the PGA European Tour.

Oh hang on - he's moved to the PGA Tour now? Heh-heh-heh....
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I think we also have o give credit to Snedeker on this thread. He was crying afterwards when interviewed on ESPN. Just shows how much mental and emotional energy was expended out the on Sunday evening.

• Administrator
I think we also have o give credit to Snedeker on this thread. He was crying afterwards when interviewed on ESPN. Just shows how much mental and emotional energy was expended out the on Sunday evening.

Mostly what that says to me is how brutal the conditions were. Since when did you hear so many guys use the word "brutal" or "U.S. Open conditions" to describe a frickin' Masters toonamint?

Augusta's screwed the pooch and the excitement will not return to Augusta until they fix things. Build some intermediate tees so lots of guys are tempted to go for the par fives. Slow down the speed of the greens a notch. Get rid of the trees and rough they've added so we can witness strategy and brilliant recovery shots (and bad ones, too). It wasn't that long ago (2004, even 2005) that you could get a little "charge" going. This year the winner shoots 75 on Sunday and wins by three? Good gosh that's horrible.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Mostly what that says to me is how brutal the conditions were. Since when did you hear so many guys use the word "brutal" or "U.S. Open conditions" to describe a frickin' Masters toonamint?

Im pleased that the course was so challenging. Tiger shot 72 on Sunday. I could see how unhappy he was with his putting after he holed out on 18, as if to say, well if id have holed a couple more putts (only 2 as the Tiger Effect would have kicked in on Sunday) i could have won this darn tournament. But that's golf, it's all about fractions at the end of the tourney. There was so much strategy out there on the back nine with players laying up and not ripping at the par 5s. Im sorry it wasn't more of a spectacle but Id rather seea war of attrition than an all singing all dancing shoot out. Off topic, but that was exactly the type of situation that Jack played and lived for. My feeling is that if Tiger had won the tournament there would have been no complaints.

Im pleased that the course was so challenging. Tiger shot 72 on Sunday. I could see how unhappy he was with his putting after he holed out on 18, as if to say, well if id have holed a couple more putts (only 2 as the Tiger Effect would have kicked in on Sunday) i could have won this darn tournament. But that's golf, it's all about fractions at the end of the tourney. There was so much strategy out there on the back nine with players laying up and not ripping at the par 5s. Im sorry it wasn't more of a spectacle but Id rather seea war of attrition than an all singing all dancing shoot out. Off topic, but that was exactly the type of situation that Jack played and lived for. My feeling is that if Tiger had won the tournament there would have been no complaints.

Challenging is not the right word, that course was just not friendly. The old Agusta would give a player bogey's on the par 5's, but allow them to play great golf and recover to be in the running by Sunday...

I disagree, I don't find Immelman, Els, or Goosen boring. In addition I didn't find today's round boring. I know from reading your other posts g-funk13 that your one of the Woods worshipers

I agree its bull when people say "C" game anytime Tiger doesnt win. Fact is all he had to do was shoot 3 under to get in a playoff with Immelman and he couldnt. I didnt find this masters boring either, I enjoyed the 1st 3 rounds, parts of the 4th were exciting. I was rooting for someone to catch Immelman and thought it was going to happen the way he was hitting it. I dont think i've seen someone look that nervous since Sergio Garcia standing a half an hour over each shot. I like the guy though, has a nice swing and hits it a mile for his size, definetely deserved to win over some of the players chasing him.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!