IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sam is probably the most in control/balanced but lacks the killer instinct.

I totally agree and have been saying this for several weeks now, not long off the tee but very accurate and has all the shots....her demeaner though is passive imo, but that could be a front as well for the other girls to take her lightly

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first post. Also my first time watching Big Break.

I'm rooting for Kim but her putting is atrocious. With that two-ball putter not only is she shoving the putts from the outside with an open face, but she's also lifting the clubhead very quickly after impact. I see that tendency all the time from friends who switch to the bulky putters -- a foot past the ball and the putter is six inches off the ground.

Notice that Kim switched from conventional to crosshanded. I was astonished that Andrew and Stina botched the commentary by failing to identify it, after the putting woes Kim displayed last episode. In Big Break terms that's one day apart so they should have been looking for it. I doubt the editors would have left an analytical comment like that on the cutting room floor. It screams of uncertainty and lack of confidence by Kim.

When Kim missed that 3 footer at the 3rd elimination yardage last week she was conventional style, in fact swinging the putter forward in disgust like a typical swing. This time everything was crosshanded.

Lori looks the strongest player in a format like this, but keep in mind we haven't exactly seen her putting on display very often. She blew the short birdie putt after hitting it to 4 feet a couple of weeks ago, shoving it past on the high side. And when Courtney and Tina managed the clutch putts in the first elimination challenge, Lori was shown in the confessional, conceding she didn't know if she could have handled a putt in that situation.

I checked the Duramed results and Kim is definitely improving, her stroke average down to 72.00 this year after 74.59 in '06 and 73.54 last year. Her final round numbers are impressive -- 71, 71, 72, 68, 68. She's 6th on the money list and leads the tour by nearly 10 yards in driving distance, at above 268.

Sorry for the marathon debut. I realize it's overboard on this topic.

i think courtney, with a little polishing and possibly some independence from her caddie/husband/coach could be a great player. she knows the game well and has good fundamentals. her backswing needs a little work.

i totally think it is cool that her husband is her caddie but i think he should teach her to read greens and distances etc... i think he should be there to help her but there are going to be times that she will be without him and she really needs to be able to have the self confidence to make the shots.

i am a big romantic and totally am envious of her and her husbands situation... i just think she needs a little self confidence in all aspects of her game. if courtney had kims confidence.... i think she would be a hard to beat.

just my 2 cents.....

toby
in my bag:
driver: titleist D1 9.5 stiff3 & 5 wood: taylormade burner stiffhybrid: taylormade rescue mid 21 stiffirons: mizuno mp-60 4 thru pwwedges: cleveland cg 10's (52,56,60)putter: scotty cameron Newport 2 (35 inch)balls: titleist pro v1 (how do you...

Awsi Dooger, thanks for the informative post.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

They kept hitting good shots but could not get down. I was literally flopping back on my couch with each big miss.

They were missing 15 footers. Hardley gimme's.

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

The one thing I'm noticing about this season that I am not sure I like is the emphasis on team performance. The immunities are all based on team. Kim is so low in the points, and constantly in the elimination, but she's always scoring big points and doing well in the immunity contests (I know she missed the circle 4 times in the playoff, but she did have some good shots in Brittany immunity challenge).

The last episode, Kim was in the elimination before she even played a hole (which she birdied), because Dana and Susan couldn't make par.

What's in the bag

I'm sorry *shakes head vigorously*, I'm still not past Courtney's jugs from the interviews. Her husband probably caddies for her to watchdog her.

On to the game - inexcusable for four women, all gunning for LPGA cards, to repeatedly, fail at getting up and down. Plus, while they were being aggressive with putts, it's not a good play to completely misjudge your speed and virtually EVERY putt that missed, rolled by about 10+ feet. This, after they saw the lines on that green over and over.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I agree with mrsandman this is an individual contest and to get screwed because of your teamates is kinda dumb. Considering all it takes is one bad shot and you are off of the show, its one thing if you played yourself into the situation, its another if your partners did.

Courtney was hot in that halter, last or 2nd to last episode. Damn.

Im beginning to like the gypsy girl more as i watch. (kim)

i agree with you about the team events but i wonder if we are thinking that way because we watch the pga tour so much and dont follow other golf. correct me if im wrong but isnt high school golf, collegiate golf, and even some events like the ryder cup a team sport. i know there are individual rewards in those fields but it is also scored on a group basis.

i know that with the big break we are talking about elimination due to a partners errors and that is a bit brutal but golf isnt always a individual sport.

off topic... any of you played in kaanapali? ive played a few courses in kaanapali as well as kapalua (plantation course and the bay). it is beautiful and super fun.... although the winds may be a little challenging.

aloha.

toby
in my bag:
driver: titleist D1 9.5 stiff3 & 5 wood: taylormade burner stiffhybrid: taylormade rescue mid 21 stiffirons: mizuno mp-60 4 thru pwwedges: cleveland cg 10's (52,56,60)putter: scotty cameron Newport 2 (35 inch)balls: titleist pro v1 (how do you...

Really enjoy that show...Courtney & Sam aren't hard on the eyes either. But really wished Lori had bit the bullet this week...no more Courtney now. Nothing against the BIG gal except her better than thou attitude.

Lori is a real piece of work.What's worse christina saying choke or lori constantly making comments to the other girls about it.I like her little "I just gave her the stink eye" comment.What is this grade school,give me a break.Isn't she pushing 40.She acts like she's 12 and trying to get in with the popular crowd.What a b i t c h

They sure get irritated with each other.

I work with a team of people and see these dynamics all day long.

The guys tend to be accepting and okay together. The females are always at odds with each other...and it changes from day to day as to who is upset with who. It wears me out trying to work around this crap.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

it sucks that courtney is gone. i think susan is the weakest player there. i know her short game is strong but i dont think she is better than courtney.

as far as lori goes... damn that lady is annoying!!! she reminds of a school bully. it seems like she is trying to fit and making all these snide comments because of her insecurities. (social not golf) christina made the mistake of speaking out loud with the whole choke thing but i dont really think she was being mean. i think she was just saying what other players think when they are at a risk of losing. im sure she wouldnt be a sore loser.... i think it was more of a "please give me one more chance... i made a bad shot.... please golf gods.... just one more try" which came out as choke. im not defending her totall, im just saying that everyone is making a big deal out of nothing.

back to golf.... i think kim is now the strongest player if she can get her short game under control.

toby
in my bag:

I watched the show for the first time, last night. Those chicks in the elimination had some major juggage going on....to bad a set had to go! The asain girl has a very nice pro style swing.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I was sorry to see Courtney go too (from a viewer ship point...for obvious reasons) but I really don't think she's that good. Reason being, I'm sick of hearing about "Kevin" (husband/caddie). My God...you can't line up a putt on your own? I remember hearing her make that comment in a previous episode. You don't know what club to hit or how to play a shot? Just bugs the heck out of me that some "players" can't wipe their own backside without their caddie....and that goes for male and female golfers. A tad off topic here but that's why I'll never like JB Holmes. His caddie has to line up every single putt for him. Play the damn game!

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

1. I am rooting for Lori!!! Why not?? She is a b*tch and she knows it.

2. Samantha and Kim are the strongest in my opinion. Christina and Lori seem a little stronger than Sue and Sophie, but I really could see any of them winning. The field is pretty balanced.

3. I love the drama going on with Christina right now. Hilarious, and keeps my fiance interested.

What's in the bag

Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!