IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well said tlewsadder. The only thing I'm not with you on is, I find it hard to even root for Kim. Partly because she was the one who made the initial "She can't do that" comment about Christina tapping down the divot, but more so because of tonight's episode where she said "What do we do now, shake her hand?" when Christina was on her way out. Hell yes you shake her hand, or were you absent the day they taught Basic Sportsmanship 101?

I think Kim was referring to the tradition of hugging the eliminated contestants with the "shake her hand" comment. Since there obviously was a rift between Christina and the three remaining contestants, Kim (as I interpreted) didn't want to attempt a hug and get rejected or create an awkward moment.

I'm also willing to give Kim the benefit of the doubt on the "tapping down the line" controversy... I don't think she wanted to instigate a fight, but rather was merely noting something. Of course, this is up for interpretation, and I would agree that Kim's behavior has been sub-par the last few episodes. This series really crashed when Courtney, Sam , and Susan (three nice girls) were eliminated in consecutive weeks. I understand the producers' decision to let some bitches (for lack of a better term) into the show... a final pitting Sam (a nice, humble girl) against Lori (ugh) becomes a good/evil confrontation, with everyone pulling for Sam, and The Golf Channel (excuse me, Golf Channel without the article, per their new style) pulling in ratings. Unfortunately for the producers and the fans, all the nice girls were eliminated, and only bitches remained. (Kim is undergoing a subtle transition from a nice girl to a bitch). For a season that started with such promise, the quality has been disappointing.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christina could do snow angels in my line and it wouldn't bother me one bit

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

i think christina deserved to leave she broke under pressure BAD she duffed it once before in a previous episode and now when she played out of the rough.....if you cant handle pressure or hold your cool and worry about your shot and not your opponent then golf aint your game or learn to not get pressured

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

I have been DVRing it through the eniter season. I like that show and they are much more dramatic and plotting than the men. It also helps that a few of them are really hott. I like to see the challenges and how they react to different things.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

For a season that started with such promise, the quality has been disappointing.

I think I would change the word 'promise' to 'hype' in that statement.

Bitchiness (sp?) aside, I do think Kim has got some game in her bag. I'm thinking Lori may be the next one booted off.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

For a season that started with such promise, the quality has been disappointing.

Definitely have to agree with alf. As bad as the play is now, it's better than it was at the beginning of the season

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Christina played pretty bad but now there is only 1 girl that's reasonable to look at, bummer.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

Kim - Jumped on the "I hate Christina"-bandwagon because it was easier to have the "mob" mentality then actually stand up and do the right thing. The right thing being to tell the other gals to lay off of Christina and to concentrate on playing golf. Earlier on the show Kim showed now animosity towards Christina until the group got smaller and she figured she had better pick a side.

I don't think that is it at all. I think there was more going on with Christina that was left on the cutting room floor. There is no way that so many people would dislike her from just what we've seen on TV. No one but Susan liked her (and Susan probably doesn't dislike anyone, so that doesn't really count). Remember that they're spending basically 24/7 together. They eat all meals at the same table, sleep in the same hotel, share the same practice areas, etc. I think she had to have done more to make people dislike her than just what we've seen.

I dont think who wins means jack at this point. Put either of these remaining girls on a LPGA tourney card, and they will get laughed off the course. Sucks all the good looking ones are gone.

i think christina deserved to leave she broke under pressure BAD she duffed it once before in a previous episode and now when she played out of the rough.....if you cant handle pressure or hold your cool and worry about your shot and not your opponent then golf aint your game or learn to not get pressured

I'd like to see most of us step up to a shot with the cameras rolling and after being bitched at and criticized for two days by your opponents. I think she is a decent golfer and learned some hard lessons. She made some clutch shots in previous episodes before they all started coming down on her. Lori bitch was jealous as hell and the others were weak minded to go along with her mind games.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

Haha, I agree with you somewhat... but the first few episodes were pretty interesting. Although the play was bad, it was entertaining to watch Cirbie stink, Dana fat two balls into the water, and Sophie make the luckiest putt to beat Liz. The tenor of the show was looser and more enjoyable (and less bitchy!). There was some good golf, too... Tina and Courtney both parring two holes to stay in, and the amazing Sam/Courtney and Sam/Kim/Christina eliminations in back-to-back weeks. (In the 17 holes played in those two playoffs, there were 4 birdies and only 1 bogey... great stuff!) Now, although the play is decent, the series just sucks. Also, seemingly no one has been pulling for Lori or Sophie, so (unless you are one of the few who has always rooted for Kim) your favorite player (Sam, in my case) has already been eliminated.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Yeah, most of them can play, even the ones that have been booted off the show. The Euros especially seem to have well-rounded games. Lots of nasty gossip and backstabbing though.

-k

Haha, I agree with you somewhat... but the first few episodes were pretty interesting. Although the play was bad, it was entertaining to watch Cirbie stink, Dana fat two balls into the water, and Sophie make the luckiest putt to beat Liz. The tenor of the show was looser and more enjoyable (and less bitchy!). There was some good golf, too... Tina and Courtney both parring two holes to stay in, and the amazing Sam/Courtney and Sam/Kim/Christina eliminations in back-to-back weeks. (In the 17 holes played in those two playoffs, there were 4 birdies and only 1 bogey... great stuff!) Now, although the play is decent, the series just sucks. Also, seemingly no one has been pulling for Lori or Sophie, so (unless you are one of the few who has always rooted for Kim) your favorite player (Sam, in my case) has already been eliminated.

Well, the Golf Channel has succeeded at reaching their goal and that is getting people to watch; I'm definitely one of them

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

alf174, I agree that Lori may be the next to go.

And she's gonna go down hard.

Dave.
---------------------------------------
Driver: Big Bertha Titanium 454 10* Fairway: Big Bertha 16* 3 wood
Hybrid: G10 21* Ironwood: Bazooka JMAX QL 4/23*

Irons: G10 3; 5-PW AWT reg shafts Wedge: Ping 50 Tour-S & Mizuno 56-10 Chrome

Putter: Ping Pal2 BeCu

More not to like about Lori... From her blog at http://www.thegolfchannel.com/24854/:

"I was a little disappointed that my handshake was rebuffed as [Christina] left the show. There comes a point when you just have to let things go. If I had lost, I would have been really upset, but I can guarantee I would have shaken hands with my competitor. At some point, sportsmanship has to enter in and the rivalry has to end."

Well I just cued up the tape, and there was absolutely no attempt by Lori to shake hands. She put her hand up for a high five, just like the other two survivors. Yes, Christina initiated the high fives as opposed to handshakes, but the way Lori tells it, she had her hand out and Christina left her hanging. Totally false.

Interestingly, the producer's comments in his blog (on that same link) clearly indicate a dislike for Lori's methods.

- Bill

Bill

I don't think that is it at all. I think there was more going on with Christina that was left on the cutting room floor. There is no way that so many people would dislike her from just what we've seen on TV. No one but Susan liked her (and Susan probably doesn't dislike anyone, so that doesn't really count). Remember that they're spending basically 24/7 together. They eat all meals at the same table, sleep in the same hotel, share the same practice areas, etc. I think she had to have done more to make people dislike her than just what we've seen.

Sam didn't seem to have any issues with Christina and I don't remember anyone else really saying much. For Lori to say that Christina acted immature was just plain ridiculous. Christina did the right thing in taking the high road and ignoring the catiness. Seemed like Lori was trying awful hard at breakfast to make up for her poor behavior too. I also find that Sophie's lack of etiquette on purpose was rather hypocritical and uncalled for. You could tell that Christina did not want to be there any longer and was just beat down mentally. That HAS to have an affect on your game. I just hope that Kim (and her legs) beat the hell out of both Lori and Sophie. A Lori/Sophie finale would be most distasteful.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Note: This thread is 5720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!