IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
But most casual golfers think women are playing from their view of the ladies tees, and that they are just average golfers.

You may be right about that. I'm around people who know golf and respect the games of LPGA Tour players. I can't say at all what the average person thinks.

But what's the market? Is it the average people or those who care about golf? Will an average woman be impressed that "most" of the women beat him (as you suggest) or would they go "pro vs. amateur, no big deal"? I think you'd get a good bit of both reactions from average, non-golf followers.
And I know this is never going to happen, just something I would like to see.

I'd like to see it done a few times just to see which one of us is closer to the truth with our predictions!

How do you think the ladies would do on the Champions Tour?

I think the top ten gals would do "okay." Probably about as well as the club champs I've speculated would do on the LPGA Tour.

But I really, really don't know. I watch about 15 minutes of Champions Tour golf each year, and the only Champ Tour event I saw live was the PGA in 2005. It seems to me, though, that the Champions Tour has gotten a LOT more competitive in the past decade. But yeah, I really don't know.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get back on topic...what does the last 3 pages have to do with the tremendous "talent" on Big Break Hawaii ?

Obviously a club champ at a very dignified and competitve club would do well on the LPGA. Just needs to stuff a bra with some toilet paper and wear some tight underwear and he'll do just fine....

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

My wife hates it. She routinely points out that during the swing, they're focusing on the ladies' midsection and you can't even see the ball or their heads. It reminds her of watching Fear Factor when they used to zoom in on the girls getting ready to go in water for a stunt.

I guess I never paid that much attention to what was actually being shown on screen, I just knew I watched it for some reason.

driver: G10 draw 9 degrees
hybrids DWS 16 and 20 degrees
irons: x-16 3-pw
wedges: 588 RTG 51, 56 & 60
putter: Heavy Putter B3-Mball: hx tour (I'll switch after I lose these)

So who is going home tonight?

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

So who is going home tonight?

I'm going to guess that it will NOT be Cirbie... but I only say this based on that Stina interview about the show.

I am looking forward to just watching her hit some more shots.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Administrator
Another entry by Stina can be found here .

Snippet:

Source: Stina
As someone who was there for the golf but never in the confessional room or the one-on-one interviews conducted with the contestants every night, I must admit it's fascinating to watch the show and hear what the girls had to say when it was just them and the camera. Many of them are a lot more outspoken -- for good and bad -- than I ever knew while we were filming. (And, sure, Dana calls herself "the Cougar Mama" a little too often.)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My wife hates it. She routinely points out that during the swing, they're focusing on the ladies' midsection and you can't even see the ball or their heads. It reminds her of watching Fear Factor when they used to zoom in on the girls getting ready to go in water for a stunt.

This show is not about learning the golf swing. They did the same on the mens' shows, it's just that there isn't really anything 'remarkable' to say the camera is focused on. The camera work has always been oddly-angled, slow-motion, etc... I'm sure there's been a woman who oggled some past male BB contestant's swing...they're just not on this board ;)

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Glad to see Cirbie go home. Don't know how she got on the show. They all said afterwards tonight "oh, she really stepped it up". That's crap. Kim (?) played terrible or Cirbie would have never had a chance. Also hate that arrogant woman won the 5 grand. Hope she goes home soon.

I'm going to guess that it will NOT be Cirbie... but I only say this based on that Stina interview about the show.

I guess Stina mislead us a bit... Cirbie was a crappy golfer. I really don't understand why all the girls we saying she played her ass off in elimination.

I thought she played pretty bad, and only lasted that long because they both played poorly. They didn't get up and down from the sand or the FW. Lori winning that $5,000 really made my day too... NOT. I hope she chokes on the check. There really wasn't any of the non golf drama in this episode... guess we'll see what happens next week when two have to pack it up. Well, back to watching the Wings!
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Kinda glad Cirbie went home... don't know how she got there in the first place. Also, couldn't stand how long she took for shots and how she didn't wear shoes. Kinda pissed to see that annoying lady win the 5k. Also glad to see Tina pull it out even though she played poorly. Also, surprised that Kim missed both her shots to the blind green. Can't wait for next week... I love all the big breaks.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Although I'm still trying to put names to the faces the ones that stood out to me (and not necessarily by their gameplay):

Cirbie

She fought tooth and nail I have to admit on the elimination event. Made a few clutch putts, but in the end her gameplay, or lack thereof, put her behind the 'ol 8-Ball. The reminescent "skull" ball was truly a poetic beginning to an inevitable end..and for god sakes..put some shoes on.

Christina

I think she is by far one of the best looking gals here..but she looks kinda' weird during the off course interviews..but down right "hot" in golf attire..but I digress. I think Christina is one of the gals who has some game and just waiting for it to blossom..hopefully sooner than later. Great attitude.

Dana

I'm calling it right now but DANA IS GOING TO WIN BIG BREAK KA'ANAPALI. I think she has the perfect attitude and the game to back it up. She was all game on in the tonight's event. She was the bus driver and took Susan to school.

Elizabeth

I don't think she has it mentally to hang in there too long. I can't stand her catty attitude also. I expect her to be repeatedly headed into the elimination events. I see the wheels coming off with her already.

Lori

Although, probably one of the least liked people I think she is a gamer and knows how to scramble. She may talk some trash but she scrapped and that shot to win her $5 grand was great. The other gals were all over the place if you remember. She sacked up. I see her in the finals with Dana..but hope Dana takes it ..hardy har har..

Susan

Believe it or not, after Cirbie, I can't stand her. She doesn't seem genuine and seems like a back stabber. Ok, as far as golf goes she is mediocre at best and I expect her in the elimination event next week against..

Tina

I'm sorry but for all the ability she had she absolutely let me down. For all the experience she had should've shut the door on Cirbie from the beginning. I say if they played another hole we'd be tied again.

--

As for the rest of the gals:

Finally caught a full episode. First impressions:

Cirbie, yeah, didn't really have the game to survive.

Kim, best looking swing of the bunch.

Susan, second best looking swing.

Lori, big-mouth, self-confident to a fault. But confidence helps.

Elizabeth, nice skin, cutest one, good looking game.

Sophie, cute accent, same with Sam.

Courtney, takes the club back far too from the inside.

Tina, 2 US Opens and didn't get up and down once in that elimination challenge and barely beat Cirbie? Don't know...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I missed it tonight
At least I'll be able to watch reruns of it 4 times a day till next Tuesday

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

• Administrator
Courtney, takes the club back far too from the inside.

Her swing is jacked up, and quite honestly, I don't see her going very far in the world of golf. Her husband needs to sit her down and say "hey, gal, let's take a year of working regular jobs and rebuild your swing." As bad as that swing is, she should start seeing improvements fairly quickly.

I agree... her swing is pretty unorthodox. However, there have been a number of players who have succeeded with some pretty weird swings. Just watch the Top 10 episode on the golf channel about odd swings. I'm not saying she shouldn't fix it... I'm just saying "who knows".

My biggest problem with her was when she was whinning that her husband wasn't there to line her up on the long putt she had in the episode 2 elimination. I don't really know why, but it drives me crazy how more than 50% of LPGA players have their caddies line them up on every shot. This is something a good golfer should learn... Although, I just realized, my wife stuggles like crazy with alignment. I usually try to help her out if I'm near her. Sometimes I'll notice it and just let her hit... then when she hits a perfect shot 30yds left of the green pin high... I'll say "you know that's exactly where you were aiming." That's usually the point where she looks like she could break the club over my head and says "why didn't you say that BEFORE I hit." I just say "I didn't see it until the last second."

• Administrator
I agree... her swing is pretty unorthodox. However, there have been a number of players who have succeeded with some pretty weird swings. Just watch the Top 10 episode on the golf channel about odd swings. I'm not saying she shouldn't fix it... I'm just saying "who knows".

And I'm saying "she hasn't succeeded, and isn't now either." It takes a special kind of person to be able to repeat an unorthodox swing, and I don't think she's "special" in that way.

My biggest problem with her was when she was whinning that her husband wasn't there to line her up on the long putt she had in the episode 2 elimination. I don't really know why, but it drives me crazy how more than 50% of LPGA players have their caddies line them up on every shot. This is something a good golfer should learn...

Bugged me too. Plus in most of these putting challenges, these girls seem to be misreading any putt over six feet by a foot or more!

Most unorthodox swings have the opposite loop of Courtney's; she has the "bad loop". Just sayin'....

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 Tour 9.5*; Grafalloy PL Red
FW Wood: X 17*; Stock shaft
Hybrid: X 21*; Fujikura BanzaiIrons: X-18 Pro Series; S300Wedges: X forged 56* & 60*balls; tees; like $20 in change; chapstick; bugspray; a bunch of wrappers and such.

Yes, completely agree that her inside loop is the "bad" one. Fred Couples has the "good" one. I used to have a loop and played pretty well with it. Now I hit better in general, but it is actually harder to maintain the nonlooped swing. The one positive about loops is that people with loops generally have good tempo and performance under pressure. It's the whole fluid movement of their swing.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!