IGNORED

Michigan / West Michigan Meet up? Possible TST 2022 Outing?

I'm looking for guys or gals, who are interested in getting together to play 18, can do weekly or bi-weekly, and would like to keep it in the west michigan area..    GR / Grand haven / muskegon / holland / south haven / Kzoo 

Also is anyone interested in doing a Michigan TST 2022 outing?   

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 11:17 AM, David L Yskes said:

I'm looking for guys or gals, who are interested in getting together to play 18, can do weekly or bi-weekly, and would like to keep it in the west michigan area..    GR / Grand haven / muskegon / holland / south haven / Kzoo 

Also is anyone interested in doing a Michigan TST 2022 outing?   

I am in Ann Arbor so those locations are too far west.  I hope you can round up some westsiders.

As far as a Mitten Meet-up, a couple of us are playing Leslie Park in A2 on 7/14/2022.  We the "Michigan Club" for details.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/2/2022 at 9:04 AM, bkuehn1952 said:

I am in Ann Arbor so those locations are too far west.  I hope you can round up some westsiders.

As far as a Mitten Meet-up, a couple of us are playing Leslie Park in A2 on 7/14/2022.  We the "Michigan Club" for details.

I can make a drive, that isn't a issue, if it's a planned meetup on a saturday or sunday, that is fine by me, just give me a bit of a heads up...     I've played a few of the courses over in the Livonia area with my brother...         I've never played the MSU course ( hint hint ) lol         Midweek is basically a no go for me because of work.       

Not sure where @David L Yskesis located ("West Michigan" covers a lot of area) but I am north of Detroit, @bkuehn1952is A2 and @dennyjones is Grand Blanc.  Would Lansing area be a good central location for a Michigan TST Meetup?  I do not know courses in that area, just looking at a map for  a somewhat central area then we could look for a course.

I know weather could be an issue, but maybe mid-late September?

• Like 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, StuM said:

Not sure where @David L Yskesis located ("West Michigan" covers a lot of area) but I am north of Detroit, @bkuehn1952is A2 and @dennyjones is Grand Blanc.  Would Lansing area be a good central location for a Michigan TST Meetup?  I do not know courses in that area, just looking at a map for  a somewhat central area then we could look for a course.

I know weather could be an issue, but maybe mid-late September?

Yea I am good with meeting up in Lansing, 

I live in Fennville, which is about 25mins southwest of Grand Rapids, but getting to Lansing isn't that tough for me.    

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct links for Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package. Save 10% on Mevo with coupon code "IACAS" as well.
    • Yep, because you just can't try a swing out and have it stick. This isn't something like, lets try this out on the range once. Any swing change, requires hours of work to override existing swing tendencies.  So, for those saying, "Just try it". That only works for someone who isn't already actively working on something with an instructor, or maybe new to golf. Unless those working with an instructor that they think they are not seeing improvement with their instructor. Otherwise, it will only be rude to the instructor and possibly damaging to the progress the golfer has already made to "just try it". 
    • Don’t mean to hijack your thread but just asking for some advice regarding changes that take a long time. My issue is I have several ingrained habits that are a mess. I always lose my trail palm grip at the top, I over swing, and other nonsense. When I attempt to make things right, it’s so absolutely foreign I literally can’t hit a ball or even almost fall down if I’m air swinging. Grip changes literally feel like I’m holding a knotted oak branch. Keeping my lead arm straight feels like I’m raising my arm as if to answer a question. Maybe this is expected. Now the issue: hitting balls is like yoga, meditation for me. I can spend hours and hours doing my silly Jim swing and hit balls. But deep down I want to be able to maximize my distance and swing to the best of my ability with all the five keys occurring. I spent a month trying a new back swing feel with my coach awhile back. The position was much better on video. But I couldn’t remotely hit a ball. It was like a toddler hitting If I even made contact. It was actually depressing as I wasn’t getting my yoga, meditation sessions. I missed just hitting a nice draw. Instead it was exhausting and just felt like I was never gonna be able to swing ‘normally.’ But if I just wanted to hit some balls, it only further ingrained my awful habits. What do you do while you’re making drastic changes that are absolutely tying you in a knot and prevent you from playing or just hitting the range? Sorry, this can be moved to another thread if needed. Just wanted your input. Thanks Scott.
    • I think a lot of the outrage or negativity associated with it is that people aren't putting enough thought into how this could be handled better.   It's hard to find a way because of a couple of different reasons. My knee jerk reaction is similar to a lot of people, you sign your card and know your score and then come back the next day and it's different?!   Sounds awful on the surface of it.   Especially since in most cases the players are not trying to get away with anything or break the rules, it's more ignorance of the rule.   However, who would want to see a rules violation caught before the tournament ended and not properly assessed because you couldn't apply it the next day?   That's a nightmare.   Yes, after the tournament is over and everything verified as best as possible, I don't think we would see anything change then.   The statute of limitations is over and there was enough time to review.  So really, catching rule violations while the tournament is active, even for all 4 days, is the best case scenario.  
    • I can hit monster hooks. Maybe that’s part of my mental block. I hate hooks. For me right now, it may be an anatomy thing per Erik on my Evolvr lesson. I have to undo years of the way my left wrist has been working. It may take a while unfortunately. 
    • I'll try to answer why I will not be trying this.  Specifically it has to do with "muscle memory".  I have 2 teaching pros I listen to.  Both have seen me swing personally and know where my game is at currently.  I am working to incorporate a minor change in my swing and to stop and try something totally different would impede my progress.  My goal in practice is to make the intended action the "Natural tendency".  If I spent a week trying this method I would gradually destroy the muscle memory I have been working to create based on a personalized plan.   Last fall I changed my grip and it took several months before that felt "Normal".   I would hate to arbitrarily change things and risk messing up what my teaching pros are telling me to focus on.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Abelvis
      Abelvis
      (43 years old)
    2. DMC64
      DMC64
      (51 years old)
    3. Hazsa
      Hazsa
      (32 years old)
    4. Jkf10
      Jkf10
      (47 years old)
    5. junivivecreamfr1
      junivivecreamfr1
      (37 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...