IGNORED

How to make Tiger Woods game more realistic

crawf061
Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This thread made me think of this

I think it would be interesting to talk about different ways to make the Tiger Woods video game series more realistic.

Obviously I think the first step is to use the option that is already available to remove the ability to spin the ball when it is in the air. Also, the ability to see the putt's path before you hit it would have to be turned off as well.

Here is one thing I would like to change:
1.) I get tired of the camera angle that is used to watch the shot (the one that follows it in flight). I would prefer to just be able to see the ball fly away from me and towards the target. That way (like IRL), I might not know if the ball held the green until I made it to the green.

1b) Maybe you could also see the ball as if you are in the gallery next to the green. That could be fun, but not as realistic as the first option
In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

I think you shouldnt be able to hit it 360+ yards almost every time, and you shouldnt be posting 50's on some courses, they need to make it so you can just maybe barekly shoot under par, maybe the lowest scores being like 62,63. I know they have definatly made the game harder in 08 than the previous versions.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

08 is pretty tough. Only had it for a few weeks and the only tourneys I can win are the match plays with women opponents haha

oh its a huge pain when you have to start your golfer in career with 10% skill against all the pros and you shoot 10-25 over.

In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I'm currently in the market to get PS3 and TW08, but know very little about the game other than playing it two or three times. Is there a way to build a character to match my specs? Driving distance, irons distances, etc? I'd like to learn how to play the courses offered in the game while playing as a realistic player and not hitting drives 360, as Dent pointed out.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm currently in the market to get PS3 and TW08, but know very little about the game other than playing it two or three times. Is there a way to build a character to match my specs? Driving distance, irons distances, etc? I'd like to learn how to play the courses offered in the game while playing as a realistic player and not hitting drives 360, as Dent pointed out.

You could do that by having a personal house rule that you're only going to put as many points into each stat as seems comparable to your actual self.

For example instead of maxing out power, leave it at 70, 80, or however far you hit the ball. Dent: Turn up the difficulty. The ball starts going sideways.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I play it on PC and you can set the camera angles but when you hit it will switch to random views about halfway through the air. I always thought it would be nice to see other players playing in the background with galleries following them as well. The ability to hit 350-400 yard drives and shoot in the 50's is a unrealistic but it is fun to go low I have to admit.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

You could do that by having a personal house rule that you're only going to put as many points into each stat as seems comparable to your actual self.

Alright cool, thanks. Doing that, am I going to be able to advance in the game enough to open all the courses? Better yet, is there some special code to open all the courses?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Lamebums: I rented 08 for 360 and I was tiger and I couldnt even hit the ball straight. No matter how i straight I pull back the thumbstick and push forward i still slice. The game makes me angry, but in a way its great because its so hard, then again, I love 07 because Im good at it, but hate it because its so easy.
In My Bag

Alright cool, thanks. Doing that, am I going to be able to advance in the game enough to open all the courses? Better yet, is there some special code to open all the courses?

Not a chance in heck you'd beat the game doing that. My guy was just a couple points shy of maxed out and I only barely beat "Sunday Tiger Woods" on my 2nd try.

To me, it's not about being totally realistic. It's about playing a video game. Though, maybe to make it a little more true to life they could design it so that sometimes you randomly shank one and clock a spectator

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I tried 08 on a 360 and couldn't hit it straight with tiger. The pc version does not let you spin it in the air but the spin on the greens can be unrealistic (sometimes it doesnt even check, sometimes it bounces, stops and zips back at about 15 mph way off of the green for no reason). They should sort out the distances and sort out making sponsorships more realistic also, and make a proper driving range like the ones we go to just to mess about on to up skill levels.

Let us play at Augusta!!

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

I have the 2007 PC version and it's impossible for me to play on advanced/expert using true swing. I can't hit it straight to save my life.

That shouldn't be a problem, especially if you set it to lower difficulties. I created a guy on Easy and all I had to do was max out the power stat, and I was absolutely killing the field in tournaments by 20+ shots.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I hate the create a swing feature, the driver swing and iron swing always come out completely different and it really winds me up

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Whatever the latest version on PS2 is there are sliders you can adjust to make it harder. Which seem to work pretty well. Im not sure about PS3 or 360 versions.

I would like to be able to choose where I tee the ball up for one. I have more but have not played the game latley so I forget what they were.

another thing that really anoys me when i play tiger woods golf 08 (ps3) is that when i watch the players swing from the side its like they are hitting the ball very fat. Anyone else noticed that?

Sorry for my poor english hope you can understand :P
In The Bag
Driver:............. Sasquatch sumo2
Woods:.......... Ignite
Irons: ......... CG Gold
wedges:.. . vokey SM 60.04, 56.10 Oil-Can and Cg12 52.10 Putter:..... Craz-EBall:.... pro v1 and HX hotA young low budget...

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!