IGNORED

Whats in your bag 2008?

Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything in my sig is new they year except for the the Driver (last year) and putter (I've had it since it was new).
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

this is what my bag's looking like this year.

I'm also switching b/t balls. last year I solely played with Nike One Black 2006... not the 07's... but this year I'm trying a bunch of different balls till I find the 1 that I love....but I still like the '06 blacks.
btw, the Burner 3 wood has a YS6 shaft
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

new everything!

last year during season was,

Driver-r7 quad
woods-r7 5 wood
hybrids-a rescue
irons- nickent 3dx
wedges-rac 58 satin
putter- slotline/carbite

This year.
driver-superquad, (may be trading for a tour issue 460 )
woods-generally, a hibore 15*, or swap in a 906F4 13.5* and the r7 5 wood
Hybrids- either a Titleist 503H in `9, or 22, or a Ping S59 3 iron
irons- ping S59 4iron, titleist 775 5-PW
Wedges- RAC TP Black 52, Vokey SM 60. 588 56 is a alternate
Putter- Yes! Callie.

i do enjoy new clubs..
went throguh a few putters in the off season, a SC Futura, TM Rosa Siene4, SC Circa 62 #3, an old ping...still want a rife...

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Driver and putter are new for 2008. Will be getting a Ping Tour-W wedge to replace the 54 Vokey. I'm thinking 52 maybe. Jay_B - how long did your vokey last?

Hey Hawkeye, I honestly couldn't tell you, I have had the wedge itself for about 2 years I think, but it was sidelined from the bag replaced by a Cleveland wedge (which was horrible).

I can tell you that the wedge definitely lasts a fair amount of time, but could not give you an accurate description of how long the wedge lasted

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Pretty much everything in my bag's going to stay the same. With gas prices and inflation of food at the store I'm going to be lucky just to be out on the course this year.

Money permitting, I'm going to get a new putter. I can't play fast greens with the one I have--I can make everything inside of five feet, but take me out to eight or ten feet, and I'll miss 9 out of 10--and when I do, I blow it six feet past.

That and I'm going to switch my 52 with a 2 iron if there's such a thing. I don't use the 52 (and it doesn't agree with me, anyway) and I just back off the PW for a 100 yard shot.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

My driver, hybrid, irons, putter, and lob wedge. I got these for Christmas and in late fall, for the 2008 season. I just got the LD Sunday, and probably towards the end of the season I will replace my sand wedge with a cg11 to match my lob wedge.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

I am keeping my set the same for the most part. The only thing is I am in the market for a new 3 wood, right now I'm looking at the Callaway Big Bertha, Cleveland Hibore XLS, or the Ping G10.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Everything that's in my sig. I do plan on getting both wedges replaced with Titleist vokey spin milled, same degrees though.

What's in the bag

Driver: 9.5* 905R w/ Proforce UST V2 (X)
3w: UST Proforce FW stiff 15*
Hybrid: 585H 19* Aldila "by you" xIrons: CG1 3-PW s300 dynamic goldWedges: 53*/58* Putter: Mid SurBall: whatever I feel like buying that day

I am keeping my set the same for the most part. The only thing is I am in the market for a new 3 wood, right now I'm looking at the Callaway Big Bertha, Cleveland Hibore XLS, or the Ping G10.

I currently use the Cleveland Hibore 3 wood, It has a really nice compact head (although could be a little bit smaller, if I'm honest) and feels good at impact. Most importantly it is VERY easy to shape this club and control the ball flight, may i recommend (if the shaft suits you) that your combine this Hibore head witht the Proforce V2 shaft.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Nothing, except maybe (if dad feels like being nice), a 905R with 9.5* to hit a flatter ball at hard, fast courses.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I currently use the Cleveland Hibore 3 wood, It has a really nice compact head (although could be a little bit smaller, if I'm honest) and feels good at impact. Most importantly it is VERY easy to shape this club and control the ball flight, may i recommend (if the shaft suits you) that your combine this Hibore head witht the Proforce V2 shaft.

Sounds good, I'm going to have to try that out, thanks for the input. But today was great, I got my first Scotty, it's a Circa '62 #2, so now that has changed.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

The only things that will definitely be changing this year are a nike sumo 2 #2 hybrid to replace my 5 wood and possibly my bag. Of course if bonus time hits when new clubs come out later this year I may change more.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right now I have MP-30's that I absolutely love. But they're to small. So I plan on reshafting them.

Other than that, I might get a 2 hybrid to cover for a 5 wood. But maybe not this year. I plan on getting good with my current equipment.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

I just bought a new 52 degree cleveland CG12 which will arrive at my house on Friday. I still got my 905r and vokey that I love. Got my TA6 irons which are O.K I hit them well, but they have too much cavity... want to move on to better player's irons maybe some mizunos. I need a new 3 wood, and a hybrid which I will eventually buy within the next few months. Also, need a new putter which I'm thinking maybe a YES! Callie.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

I just ordered a new Titty stand bag in brown. It will soon house:

One of two drivers(LVF or Sasquaatch 460)
Soon to come 3 or 4 wood as soon as I find one.
New Cobra Baffler 20*
AP1's w/ Project X that are ordered tomorrow
52,56 and 60 Cleveland RTG's
Soon to come custom Scotty Newport with orange paintfill and headcover.

Except for the 60* it is a 100% flip.

The driver is the new addition for this year. I hope to put some forged irons in the bag later in the year when I move to Fla, (690's, 695's or 735's), but for this summer, the sig says it all.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

Note: This thread is 5829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!